Allure Europe cruises

I see listed on their site they have 7 day cruises listed about every 4 days apart? How is it going to work? Are they turning half the ship around every couple days?

There are two embarkation and disembarking ports, that each have a one week cruise. They are Barecelona and Rome. Depending on where you join the ship, is where you get off the ship. For example we join the ship in Rome and leave the ship in Rome. Others will join in Barcelona and exit in Barcelona. In each example the cruise is for 7 days.

Hope this helps.

Edited by A&L_Ont

This is a common practice in Europe called Inter-porting.

RCI have actually limited this quite a bit, but on other lines you sometimes will have 3 or 4 embarkation ports on a 7 night sailing.

While this provides alternatives to non-Europeans, it is mainly done as the lines have separate marketing channels for the various home ports local markets.

Seems like it would be chaos as disembarking a ship is usually a long process. People always coming and going.

It is very well organized and actually limits the movements happening in each embarkation port by spreading it across several ports.

I think for the Allure, being that they use a two terminal system in Barcelona, actually has this as the 'main' embarkation port and then Civitavecchia actually becomes the 'secondary' embarkation port.

Seems like it would be chaos as disembarking a ship is usually a long process. People always coming and going.

This is also a total EU cruise, so there will be no customs for disembarking the ship.

Question..Looking at a Mediterannean Cruise but have no idea what months are best. Has anyone gone in March, April or May? Leaning towards early May or late April.. Is it still too cold?

I see listed on their site they have 7 day cruises listed about every 4 days apart? How is it going to work? Are they turning half the ship around every couple days?

If you look at the details for those "4" days, you will see they are leaving from different ports.

And yes, it works out easier because less people are getting on and off at each port.

And, tee biggest issue is the absence of U.S. type customs and immigration delays.

Question..Looking at a Mediterannean Cruise but have no idea what months are best. Has anyone gone in March, April or May? Leaning towards early May or late April.. Is it still too cold?

We have done it the first week of June and the weather was very nice. However while cruising at sea it was a bit chilli get out of the pool so wouldn't want to do it much earlier than that.

We have done it the first week of June and the weather was very nice. However while cruising at sea it was a bit chilli get out of the pool so wouldn't want to do it much earlier than that.

Chilli by Canadian standards? Do you remember roughly what it might have been in Celcius? We are cruising the Western Med in late May, early June and I am a flowrider nut. I was just wondering if I need a wetsuit or not?

Thanks,

Andrew