May have to re-add a 3rd person to our cabin

jakzak10

Okay, booked early saver for 3 people. Our son decided to join the US Army so I cancelled him out of our cabin, paid the 50.00 fee and will have a travel credit for the balance of the deposit. Now we have just learned that he was injured during basic training and may not be graduating and in fact might be given a medical discharge. hurt his bicep and elbow, cant do push up and such. Question is, if I go to re-add him to our cabin will CCL consider it a new request, or will they let me use the travel credit toward the payment, still losing the original 50.00. Know it's confusing, just wondering what to expect before I make the call.

Sorry to hear about your son. But as far as him being able to go on the cruise with you now - who knows, maybe there is a more the merrier rate cheaper than your original price anyway and that would be great

Okay, booked early saver for 3 people. Our son decided to join the US Army so I cancelled him out of our cabin, paid the 50.00 fee and will have a travel credit for the balance of the deposit. Now we have just learned that he was injured during basic training and may not be graduating and in fact might be given a medical discharge. hurt his bicep and elbow, cant do push up and such. Question is, if I go to re-add him to our cabin will CCL consider it a new request, or will they let me use the travel credit toward the payment, still losing the original 50.00. Know it's confusing, just wondering what to expect before I make the call.

I don't have a darn clue what Carnival will do, but I CAN tell you that a medical discharge from the Army is NOT quick. It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year, and during that time, he will be in a "medical hold status." Being a disabled vet myself, make SURE he files a claim with the VA before he gets discharged-- because the injury happened while in the service, even if he doesn't get disability money, they WILL cover his medical even after he's out.