What is your favorite item on O'Sheehan's menu?

TrumpyNor

I have been on many NCL cruises, but until now I have not been to O'Sheehans on any of the ships. I understand that O'Sheehan's now have taken over for the Blue Lagune on most (if not all?) NCL ships, and during our 14 days cruise on the Star in June, we will most likely have several of our lunches at O'Sheehan's. What do you recommend us to try - and why? What are their "bestsellers"?

Thank you!

People still seem to like the wings, but we didn't like them as much as Blue Lagoon's wings. We ordered them a couple times, in hopes that we received a bad batch the first time - but no luck, they're just not as good. That was on the Breakaway - we'll give them one more shot on our upcoming Getaway cruise.

I read a lot of raves about the chicken pot pie - tried it and it was only Ok to me. I'd eat it again, but it's nothing special. We had the corned beef sandwich several times - that was probably our favorite. DH liked the burger and hotdog (maybe it was chili dog?) there, but there wasn't anything that really knocked my socks off. We like O'Sheehans for bar food snacks and it's worth a couple of trips there for a sandwich, but I wouldn't want to eat there every day. We save it for times when we're hungry between meals.

FYI, they are also open for breakfast and they have some dinner specials. We went there for dinner on the first night of our Breakaway cruise and may have ordered whatever the special was that night. We did not make it there for breakfast, but might try it out for breakfast this cruise.

I've had the Chicken tenders, buffalo wings (mild), mozzarella sticks and chicken pot pie - All were good but the pot pie actual size is nothing to write home about (you're going to need to eat 2 or order more food with 1). With the appetizers, you're going to need to order at least 2-3 if you're planning to share with another person - the potions are for 1 person only.

Enjoyed the chicken pot pie upon embarkation, asked for mashed potatoes as a side ( it comes without) but did not recieve. Later on I enjoyed a corned beef sandwich and that was my favorite. Also late night we enjoyed a fruit platter with a slice of banana bread. it was supposed to come with a small amount of yogurt but they were out.

Wings are not that bad but sauce on the side otherwise it's soggy.

The chicken pot pie was good.

Deep fried cheese sticks reminded of battered cheese strings...

Burger is good but the Burger Bar is much better.

Best...the pitcher of beer!!!!

Crazy as it is I loved the cabbage soup. I had it several times just so yummy. Aside from that loved breakfast there

Ditto! And the ribs are good.

I agree with others that the wings were so much better at Blue Lagoon.

Edited by monkeybone

Is O'Sheehan's a complimentary restaurant (minus the beer, of course)?

Yes, and the only complimentary restaurant (besides room service) that's open 24/7.

What I liked about O'Sheehans is that they (appeared to) be cooking the food in a kitchen right there. This resulted in us getting food that was much hotter than at the main dining rooms.

We ate at O'Sheehans quite a bit on our last Alaska cruise on the Jewel. We really enjoyed the food, but I wouldn't really consider it Great or Outstanding. But, then I didn't eat at the dinner meals that they had as specials ..... Prime Rib, Barbecued Ribs, etc. Folks here seem to report that the dinner specials are very good.

I enjoyed the Chicken Pot Pie, the cabbage soup and the Brownie Cheesecake the most. Dh really liked the chicken burger. I ate breakfast once and I remember it being good. I think I ordered french toast, and don't remember what all I ordered besides that. I did love the orange juice at my morning breakfast there. So cold and tasty! And complimentary!

We really like going to O'Sheehans at times when the main dining rooms were closed, or when we wanted to sit down and eat, but didn't want the longer wait in the main dining rooms. We think O'Sheehans is great for that!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that you took the time to answer me! :)

At the Blue Lagoon my favorite was always the fish'n chips, with the chicken wings with hot sauce as a good no. 2. I will definitely try both the ribs and the corned beef sandwich. When I said that we might go there for lunch, I just meant "once in a while", especially if we were too late back on the ship for lunch elsewhere, or if we got hungry before dinnertime...

Is it true that they also have fresh popped popcorn there?

I was on Getaway in February and O'Sheehans was one of the few areas that was majorly improved. They have nightly dinner specials...prime rib, all you can eat spare ribs, and chicken and waffles. NCL has majorly upgraded the dinner options and O'Sheehans and its all for the better.

Favorite thing is still the chicken pot pie. No skimping or cut backs there. Still full of chicken and fresh veggies. Their ice cream menu is out of this world. The hot fudge sundae is HUGE and has hunks of brownie in it. The fish and chips were perfect and not greasy.

Here are a few photos of my favorite things at O'Sheehans

DSCN0517-vi.jpg

DSCN0562-vi.jpg

DSCN0566-vi.jpg

DSCN0564-vi.jpg