Brilliance, Pizza, Drinks and the D Lounge

Hi Grady, Just saw your post and wanted to say Hi. Enjoyed reading the Compasses you sent from Jan. , and now we are only 20 days out to our Brilliance. Booked the 10 day Serenade for 11-13 so will be back in countdown mode. Bob & Nancy, The Villages, Florida

I am trying to find the Compasses from January. Can you please provide a link?

Thanks, thats the port parking garage that is expensive.

CloseCruiser - While the port parking may be more expensive, you might want to consider the time to take a shuttle back and forth to the port. Since the port is downtown, there is no off site parking close by. Also, the port parking is covered while off site is not.

Edited by pennielz

We used Parking Doctors for our cruise in February. Very pleased with their service, the shuttle to the port took about 5 min, I think it was 6-8 blocks away from the port. Pick up was quick, as soon as they get people off the shuttle, they turn around and go back to port. I booked on-line which saved a few dollars. We will use them again anytime we cruise from Tampa.

Sherri:)

We used Parking Doctors for our cruise in February. Very pleased with their service, the shuttle to the port took about 5 min, I think it was 6-8 blocks away from the port. Pick up was quick, as soon as they get people off the shuttle, they turn around and go back to port. I booked on-line which saved a few dollars. We will use them again anytime we cruise from Tampa.

Sherri:)

I totally agree with you. We've also used them several times with no issues. Being so close to the terminal makes their lot very convenient.

I totally agree with you. We've also used them several times with no issues. Being so close to the terminal makes their lot very convenient.

Thanks, I'll look them up. Saw Premier also on some posts. Do you know anything about that site?

We sailed March 28 on Brilliance to Key West and Cozumel. It was one of our first Diamond cruises so we were able to take advantage of the lounge, which was not that crowded at all. We loved being able to have cocktails and appetizers before dinner every night.

The CD on the boat is Clo (Hello Clo) from Ireland. The guy from Fiji was the activities manager. She was friendly and fun.

We also agree with OP that the food was somewhat dry/overcooked in the MDR, and I never complain about food!

What irked me the most was the pool staff. They NEVER enforced chair hog rules. Both sea days we never found a lounger, yet I'd say 2/3 had towels without any other belongings. I like ships that make you accountable for your towels. I can't stand lazy people who just leave their towels even though they are done with their chairs. I get that it's vacation, but c'mon!

Will be sailing on the 30th, where did everyone park? Off site or the expensive port? Also when going through security did you see anyone being told they couldn't carry on water or a 12 pack of soda.

Thanks

We brought water on Brilliance in December no problem.

I think the Radiance class attracts a good deal of seniors this time of year! You see a college crowd show back up end of the month for quick get away! I think it is Clo who is current CD.

Cleaning the house before dogs got home only chance since house was empty. Going to see if I can find urgent care instead of ER to get checked to make sure not more serious!

Hotels have to be aware of air quality and they were hiding something or not cleaning properly! I was sick within in an hour of arrival!

Clo O'Connor started as CD on March 9, 2015 and should be there for four months....does someone remember the name of the Activity Manager on a recent sailing working with Clo?

• 1 month later...

Just cruised on BOTS the last week in April, did not see any long faces on the crew. In fact, they all seemed to go out of their way to greet us throughout the ship! The one negative that we experienced was the MyTime dining room. The previous cruise, over Christmas 2013, there was plenty of room in the MTDR, this cruise it seemed that many more tables had been squeezed in and people were sitting on top of each other. If it is because more people now opt for MTD, more space needs to be provided; maybe by converting part of the main dining room to MTD?

Just cruised on BOTS the last week in April, did not see any long faces on the crew. In fact, they all seemed to go out of their way to greet us throughout the ship! The one negative that we experienced was the MyTime dining room. The previous cruise, over Christmas 2013, there was plenty of room in the MTDR, this cruise it seemed that many more tables had been squeezed in and people were sitting on top of each other. If it is because more people now opt for MTD, more space needs to be provided; maybe by converting part of the main dining room to MTD?

When I booked for our cruise in June we weren't even given a choice we were told it had to be MTD, it made me wonder if they were phasing out the classic dining.

We booked this cruise over 6 months ago for Nov 2015, and we were not given a choice and told we had to book MTD.

Don't know specifically which cruise you are booked on, but I booked our cruise on Brilliance for Nov 2015 at the end of 2014. We had the choice of early seating, late seating or MTD.

Edited by loopner

[quote=Justmekaren918;46148336

I was so looking forward to a slice of pizza at Sorrento's and the stuff was the pits and it was the exact same pizza up at WJ. Isn't Sorrento's a chain or something? It reminded me of that mystic pizza stuff in you frozen isle at the local store.

Agrred, Sorrento's is cheap flavorless ketchup on cardboard!:)

RCL has the worst pizza of any cruise line.:eek:

To those who don't think pizza, maybe its because you haven't had a good one!:)

We booked this cruise over 6 months ago for Nov 2015, and we were not given a choice and told we had to book MTD.

We booked in October 2014 for a March 2015 cruise and were told we had to do MTD as well. No other option.