Live from Silhouette

RhondaPerr

Could anyone comment on the crowd profile/personality of this sailing? I am looking at this same ship/timeframe next year - departing Easter day, yet keep hearing to avoid spring break. But from all comments so far, it doesn't seem like your sailing was inundated with tons of families/students?

We were on the same cruise as well - lots of families and children (very few college age kids) - were told 300 by the kids club staff. Didn't cause us any issues or impact our cruise much at all.

I do agree with the earlier comment about the chair hogs - not a single chair (no exaggeration) to be found on the last sea day!!

We were on the same sailing. Amazing! Beautiful ship and friendly staff! My only complaint was the limited wine selection by the glass. We were premium package and they kept offering the same Benzinger Chardonnay every time I ordered. I finally asked for any white besides Benzinger. Of course, for a change I could choose mimosas, martinis, piña coladas, so not too bad a problem! Loved Richard Spacey! Got my picture with him twice.

Figured a 7 day wouldn't be as bad as the shorter 5 days when it comes to spring break craziness, but just wanted to check. This past year, I specifically booked a shorter 5 day sailing during a "slower" time - end of Feb, away from any holidays and the ship still sold out. But we didn't have any of the problems that one March sailing had with out of control college kids. Since most all Feb-April Caribbean sailings seem to fill, I guess it's less a matter of figuring out which date is less crowded...and more about what kind of crowd one wants to sail with?

I hardly noticed the kids at all! The programs they have keep them pretty busy!

Could anyone comment on the crowd profile/personality of this sailing? I am looking at this same ship/timeframe next year - departing Easter day, yet keep hearing to avoid spring break. But from all comments so far, it doesn't seem like your sailing was inundated with tons of families/students?

Figured a 7 day wouldn't be as bad as the shorter 5 days when it comes to spring break craziness, but just wanted to check. This past year, I specifically booked a shorter 5 day sailing during a "slower" time - end of Feb, away from any holidays and the ship still sold out. But we didn't have any of the problems that one March sailing had with out of control college kids. Since most all Feb-April Caribbean sailings seem to fill, I guess it's less a matter of figuring out which date is less crowded...and more about what kind of crowd one wants to sail with?

Hi, I think 7 nighters have much less "college kids"....I was on the

cruise from he$$...we were docked in Cozumel right next to Sihlouette

and from everything I learned, it was nothing like ours......actually,

I heard it was a "regular Celebrity cruise".....no issues with any age

kids......also, remember, it can be about price.....4/5 nighters are much

less $ than a 7........

Hi, I think 7 nighters have much less "college kids"....I was on the

cruise from he$$...we were docked in Cozumel right next to Sihlouette

and from everything I learned, it was nothing like ours......actually,

I heard it was a "regular Celebrity cruise".....no issues with any age

kids......also, remember, it can be about price.....4/5 nighters are much

less $ than a 7........

Oh my gosh, Lois: I read your comments on that other thread - couldn't believe what you and everyone else experienced. Thanks for sharing your input above. This 7 night Silo is a pretty big bump in price vs what I paid for the 5-nighter- although part of that is probably due to rising rates in general vs. last year.

Oh my gosh, Lois: I read your comments on that other thread - couldn't believe what you and everyone else experienced. Thanks for sharing your input above. This 7 night Silo is a pretty big bump in price vs what I paid for the 5-nighter- although part of that is probably due to rising rates in general vs. last year.

Well, that one thread was a review but got so out of hand the moderators

had to close it.

I never wrote a review and will not.....suffice to say, I wish I could have

crossed that security line and boarded Sihlouette:eek:

I would have shared my suite with you :)

Well, that one thread was a review but got so out of hand the moderators

had to close it.

I never wrote a review and will not.....suffice to say, I wish I could have

crossed that security line and boarded Sihlouette:eek:

Yikes!! We go for the crepes, can you remember which they kept? Cowboy and French is/was our standard order. I'm going to be really sad if I can't get something similar. Thanks for posting

We were on the 3/29 cruise as well. Yes bistro five was $10 pp. cowboy and French were both on menu, as 2 of our 6 people enjoyed these.

The 3 savory were: cowboy, Mediterranean, hot and spicy shredded steak.

The 3 sweet were: Spanish(dulce de Leche), French (grand Marnier, candied oranges), italian( Nutella, banana, pistachio)