Review of Triumph cabin 9259

arkmomma

We are fresh off the Triumph spring break cruise. This was my 2nd trip on the Triumph and really enjoyed it. We had cabin 9259 on Lido deck. SUPER convenient location and very quite disputed being so close to the action. It sleeps 4 and we had plenty of room. ImageUploadedByForums1427683746.149464.jpg.9e9da385e7487abaee22d3fb783b2bfa.jpg

The bunk beds were perfect for my 8 and 11 year old boys.

We had Faster to the Fun and our room was ready right away. Our luggage arrived about 2 hours later. Muster drill was uneventful and we left about 4:30.

The boat was PACKED!! It was Arkansas spring break and it seemed like half the state was on board!

ImageUploadedByForums1427684014.647382.jpg.f441ca5f18c772ecd8dbd3b355a815f0.jpg

Our 1st sea day was gorgeous and there were NO chairs to be had on the deck, but with a sold out cruise it's to be expected. We bought the Cheers program and felt like we "got our $ worth" but never met our "limit". Not sure if we'll do it again. ImageUploadedByForums1427684245.921941.jpg.88218a151653a72fa6b656bfbceb71e0.jpg

The sun had a wicked ring around it!

We're not huge fans of Progresso so we just took our kids into town for an hour or so just so they could see what it was like. ImageUploadedByForums1427684392.712048.jpg.12fac514648e93833d4a06cc09d23f54.jpg

We left progresso late for some reason. I heard someone didn't make it back on board, and that there was some sort of domestic issue, not sure which is legit.

We really like Cozumel and decided to go to Paradise Beach for the 1st time. It was really pretty but the drinks are AWFUL!! Food was ok, but we ended up paying as much as we would have at Mr Sancho's. Paradise beach was VERY pretty. ImageUploadedByForums1427684615.563914.jpg.304df6a46e8342945ab36d6a448c3ccf.jpg. We went to the magic show after we got back onboard, which was really good!

The last sea day was SUPER windy and chilly, so there were plenty of chairs to be had on deck. Our group 6 pre-teen boys played chess in the library most of the day, SO not like them!! We went to Suess at Sea, which was cute, but the food was the same as the brunch, just with a twist. Glad we did it, but not sure if it was worth the $5/person "cover charge"

ImageUploadedByForums1427684981.925149.jpg.4cf5777e160791d777fc5d1f09b60310.jpg

Debarkation seemed way more disorganized and stressful than ever before. Lots of pushing and people disregarding lines and personal space. We were off the boat and headed back home by 10:15ish.

It was a great trip! We can't wait to start planning our next cruise. I think I almost have my husband talks into a 7 day on the Magic or Sunshine. Love the Triumph, but we were parked next to the Magic in Cozumel and he seemed to like the bigger boat.

Hope this helps somebody!! [emoji4]ImageUploadedByForums1427685176.307024.jpg.1fe31509802daa582f51792be5d3310d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427683715.743590.jpg.4fd9283727b01db14a1ff9e8d58fe3e7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427684603.226601.jpg.f8d54bec0da0dc11d4e5728a27c02f1a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427684962.263201.jpg.4fae142b7de89034b86de5f73a402369.jpg

Thanks for the review. There was indeed an issue in Progreso between a stepson and a father. It even made the news.

GALVESTON, Texas -

FBI agents say a father on board the Carnival Triumph cruise ship attacked his 14-year-old step son.

Channel 2 Investigates has confirmed that father is now confined to his room with a guard outside until the ship docks in Galveston Saturday.

The incident happened Wednesday after the ship was docked in Mexico.

The ship was in its third day of a six-day trip. Passengers has just spent the day in Progreso, Mexico.

An FBI agent says boy's mother claimed her husband, had been drinking alcohol when he allegedly attacked the teen

The alleged attack happened in the hallway the Triumph ship.

Other passengers told ship security they witnessed Joseph Allen on the floor with his hand around his step-son's neck.

Court documents reviewed by Channel 2 Investigates show the boy ended up with a broken front tooth.

His face was swollen and his shirt had a "large stain of what appeared to be blood" on it, documents say.

When ship security talked to Allen, they say Allen claimed he got tired of being disrespected by his boys.

“They came at me and I was not going to let that be the end... I want my money back now," security says he told them.

The boy was checked out when the ship made its next stop and was able to continue his trip, a Carnival spokesman said.

The FBI is working this case because it happened in ocean waters. It won't say if it plans to arrest Allen or if he can turn himself in.

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the review of cabin 9259. I am booked in that room with hubby and 3 small grandkids. This is my 12th cruise but first time as an interior room. I thought the location to Lido with the kids would be great. The room does look a little smaller that I imagined but we don't plan to spend much time there. My grandkids are boys 9 and 8 and girl 5. The boys have cruised before but not my granddaughter. What excursions do you recommend for the kids in the 2 Mexico ports? They love to swim and snorkel.

Edited by Cajunlady12

Thanks for the review of cabin 9259. I am booked in that room with hubby and 3 small grandkids. This is my 12th cruise but first time as an interior room. I thought the location to Lido with the kids would be great. The room does look a little smaller that I imagined but we don't plan to spend much time there. My grandkids are boys 9 and 8 and girl 5. The boys have cruised before but not my granddaughter. What excursions do you recommend for the kids in the 2 Mexico ports? They love to swim and snorkel.

We were just on the Triumph and my daughter's family had one of the interior cabins for 5. The lower beds were arranged under the bunks and there was a trundle bed under one of the lower twin beds that was pulled out at night and set up and then put away in the morning. She said they all survived fine in the room. Just kept everything put away - it was she, her husband and three sons (11, 6 and 3)