Not happy Carnival customer right now

travelgurl2

Something to be PO'd about.. Seeing one available Faster to the Fun available, and not being able to purchase it becaus you booked a transfer through the cruise line... lol.

It pained me to see that 1 FTTF available!!!! there was no way to over-ride this. smh.

Something to be PO'd about.. Seeing one available Faster to the Fun available, and not being able to purchase it becaus you booked a transfer through the cruise line... lol.

It pained me to see that 1 FTTF available!!!! there was no way to over-ride this. smh.

You can cancel the transfer, book the FTTF and then rebook the transfer. There have been a few posts on these boards about that being the way around it.

You can cancel the transfer, book the FTTF and then rebook the transfer. There have been a few posts on these boards about that being the way around it.

I forget the particulars.. but i dont think that was an option because we were cruising within 48 hours.

The issue is, every one wants to pay the LOWEST price. Problem is the lowest price, isn't known until AFTER it passes, all hindsight.

This is how it goes- same with ANY purchases, do you blame a grocery store, because you purchased some the week prior and it's on sale this week? It's business. You win some you lose some.

I gambled last year and booked an attractive past guest rate and lost. The price took a nice drop after my final payment that could've saved me quite a bit. I didn't go crying to customer service because rules are rules. I went in my cruise and had a wonderful vacation with the family.

I am confused to why you'd consider another cruise line. Do you expect someone else to bypass the rules for you?

I'm confused by your unhappiness.

You booked at a time when price "match" or "drop" wasn't an offered amenity of the fare. You're upset you weren't given the lower price anyway?

Absolutely astounding.

So, they said they wouldn't do it before you booked...you agreed that they wouldn't do it before you booked, and now you are mad because they did what they said they would do, which was what you agreed to? I'm confused...

+1 to all of these.

My understanding is that price matching stops after final payment is due. So even if you had booked es you wouldn't get a reduction after final payment. They have to cut it off somewhere. Otherwise everybody would get pack and go prices on cruises booked in advance that were able to pick locations.

My understanding is that price matching stops after final payment is due. So even if you had booked es you wouldn't get a reduction after final payment. They have to cut it off somewhere. Otherwise everybody would get pack and go prices on cruises booked in advance that were able to pick locations.

Early saver price matches are good up until 2 days before sailing.

BUT, Early Saver fare doesn't last forever--that's why it's called Early (Saver). The cruise lines gets your deposit early, and there is a $50 pp fee for changes. The rest of the deposit (after the $50 pp fee) is held if you have to cancel the cruise--and can be put towards another cruise within a specified length of time. Early Saver is a gamble but one worth taking for many people.

The OP "couldn't book early saver" because the early saver fare had expired. No price protection after final payment due date then. The price at which the OP booked could conceivably have gone up after booking--that's the big question--do I book now or wait and see if the price goes down? Then the cabin you might have wanted might no longer be available...

Pack-and-go rates are last minute fares that are not always available for every cruise and come with their own set of restrictions but (usually) a very low rate to fill up the ship. They are often guarantees with no choice of cabin, just category.

I know it's hard not to be curious, but, unless you are looking to upgrade, looking at prices when you know you aren't eligible for a price match just creates frustration.

Edited by CruzCrazy

Yes, unfortunately after final payment you can't get the lower price. This will effect most of us at one point. They can't break the rules for you and not for others. I do like the idea of contacting Customer Service and asking for an upgrade in lieu of a price match. Give it a try.:cool:

I try not to think about it but what really scares me is ......that I could be locked

in an orange life boat with these folks who thinks that every time they experience

the slightest disappointment that it's a conspiracy or something. Carnival is giving

us a price reduction vehicle that has to cost them bu-quoo dollars in lost income

and and still it's not enough.

Life is too short for these first world problems. You have a wonderful cruise ahead

of you that is a tremendous bargain at almost any price. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks,

JT :cool:

Edited by jtwanabe

45 days out is well after the final payment deadline. Except for ES, Carnival doesn't price match after Final Payment date - I don't know of other lines that do this?

If the price drop had occurred w/in 48 hours of your booking, you could have gotten a price drop via the 48-hour price protection guarantee.

If it's any consolation, If the fare for a category above yours drops to/below what you paid, you can normally get an upgrade to that Category.

Ken

Great answer...educates some, reminds others.....sees the glass as half full and normally happy with op....gives the happy CC and helping CC feeling...:):).

Not that I have any right to judge...but it just leapt out to me....this thought to your response...thank you Ken076.

Edited by sjn911

Early saver price matches are good up until 2 days before sailing.

BUT, Early Saver fare doesn't last forever--that's why it's called Early (Saver). The cruise lines gets your deposit early, and there is a $50 pp fee for changes. The rest of the deposit (after the $50 pp fee) is held if you have to cancel the cruise--and can be put towards another cruise within a specified length of time. Early Saver is a gamble but one worth taking for many people.

The OP "couldn't book early saver" because the early saver fare had expired. No price protection after final payment due date then. The price at which the OP booked could conceivably have gone up after booking--that's the big question--do I book now or wait and see if the price goes down? Then the cabin you might have wanted might no longer be available...

Pack-and-go rates are last minute fares that are not always available for every cruise and come with their own set of restrictions but (usually) a very low rate to fill up the ship. They are often guarantees with no choice of cabin, just category.

I know it's hard not to be curious, but, unless you are looking to upgrade, looking at prices when you know you aren't eligible for a price match just creates frustration.

So agree,,,we who cruise mainstream and budget probably watch our pennies pretty carefully.....most of us...and it is hard hard not to "peak".....but just decide and end seeking and redoing it...if possible.:)

Edited by sjn911

If I book a cruise last minute, I have to rush to get everything ready, time off work, and likely pay extra for airfare and hotel. The cruise line needs to discount their rates to offset this, if they want to attract out of town bookings. The OP is not entitled to this, because they are not being inconvenienced like the others who are.

I think we have all price watched and gone back and forth with our Carnival rep before making our decision to book. Seeing a price drop after booking is painful and these days everyone is watching their money. Generally asking your rep will produce some sort of onboard credit or promise of another goodie. Surely some of you have regretted not waiting another day to book just as we have done the happy dance when we see the price go up the day after we book! I don't think the OP had the anger that some of the other posters read into her post. I tend to believe it was simply some venting. Let's cut each other some slack!