Oscar Brown Vs Charlie Soto

mamahugs

looking for a private tour of the island and zipling in Costa Rica. Any opinions or experiences with Oscar Brown or Charlie Soto tours.
Not yet - but we're booked with Charlie in November. So far he's been very fast and efficient at responding to our groups e-mails, and also very accomodating as our group has grown larger. So far everything I've read about him here on the boards has been very positive. I'll be interested to see what responses you get as I think both tours have serious followers.

BOTH Charlie and Oscar have gotten great reviews on these boards (do a "Search" on their names and you'll get a lot of reviews and comments). Personally, we've booked with Charlie in December and are looking forward to spending the day with him.

Thank you so much KAC-Cruiser and bigmjh for your response. Seems like Charlie is the favorite. Why Charlie over Oscar? KaC-Cruiser, I'll be in Costa Rica also in November - sailing on Coral Princess on 11/14-24. Wonder if we are doing the same cruise###%%$$$

Thank you so much KAC-Cruiser and bigmjh for your response. Seems like Charlie is the favorite. Why Charlie over Oscar? KaC-Cruiser, I'll be in Costa Rica also in November - sailing on Coral Princess on 11/14-24. Wonder if we are doing the same cruise###%%$$$
We'll be on Celebrity's Galaxy from 11/24-12/5 ... so we may be passing each other somewhere along the way! We'll have to compare excursions when we all get back!!

Depending on what you mean by private, you may want to inquire the specific details of who will be in your tour.

Not that it mattered, we have booked Charlie and were under the impression that it was just the 6 of us in our family. In communicating with others on our Roll Call Thread, I discovered that there are others from our ship joining us that day.

Private for me means not an very big big group...not a big bus load, a mini van about 10-12 people is fine. Thank you all for your input.
I think we now have 22 in our group. Originally the max was 14, but Charlie went to a larger group at our request.

Thanks for the info KaC...how reasonable are his rate and what is in the itinerary?
One of our Roll Call Group has been handling the contact with Charlie, but the rate we have for our tour is $49 per person. The actual itinerary he sent us is as follows:

The schedule is to do a walking tour of the Del Monte Banana Plantation and Processing Plant (Costa Rica #1 export), then go to Brisas for a zipline adventure (optional $40 cost) followed by the Tortuguero Canal for a boat ride through the jungle, on to the Animal Rescue Center to see upclose Sloths, Monkeys etc., and then to Bonita Beach for a short stop to view one of their most beautiful beaches and of course lunch, with a stop at a local market to get Costa Rican Coffee, Vanilla etc., and local sights along the way. Charlie Soto, our tour guide says we can get this done in 6 hours, sounds like quite a day.

Just booked with charlie last minute and i was quite taken with his email, he sounds genuine and looking forward to our tour with him. He is charging 35 for his time and 40 to get into the ziplining
Sandy - let us know how it goes!! We go in November and I'm very interested in what you think of the Zipline .... I have a heights issue - but I'm hoping to give it a shot anyway!!:D

For sure will post back here, i also have height issues, LOL. so i am putting brave face on and trying it once, lol.
Glad to hear you have 'issues' as well!! (Okay -maybe that doesn't sound quite right! I'm glad to not be the only one with issues!!) But it makes me even more anxious to hear your review when you get back ..... I read on another thread a 7 year old did it .... so it will be really :o if I can't make it!!

Archived