Meet n greet: Will you voice your opinions to officers on all the price increases?

riddle

There is an appropriate time and place for everything and a social event that represents a group of diverse people is not the forum for complaints or questions on this topic. Do your complaining so that you only represent yourself. People who arrange cruise critic events have worked hard to keep the group positive and pleasant. Stop the officers on the ship and talk but don't attach the name of cruise critic. I personally am unhappy about the increase but others see it differently.

Even bringing the subject up would be: 1-rude: 2-embarrassing for some: 2-a waste of time and accomplish nothing except to see how quickly the senior officers end the M&G. We have cruised on many lines, NCL does the best job with the M&G. They answer questions, they serve refreshments, they have several senior members to visit with and now, a few want to change all that cause they are pissed. Would you tell the pilot how upset you are with paying for bags? Or tell the bell man at the hotel you refuse to pay the resort tax or you object to it?

If anything will get the attention of the coorporate office, returning the survey and or writing letters will do a lot more than going to a M&G and making everyone uncomfortable because we don't like some of the new policies.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Even bringing the subject up would be: 1-rude: 2-embarrassing for some: 2-a waste of time and accomplish nothing except to see how quickly the senior officers end the M&G. We have cruised on many lines, NCL does the best job with the M&G. They answer questions, they serve refreshments, they have several senior members to visit with and now, a few want to change all that cause they are pissed. Would you tell the pilot how upset you are with paying for bags? Or tell the bell man at the hotel you refuse to pay the resort tax or you object to it?

If anything will get the attention of the coorporate office, returning the survey and or writing letters will do a lot more than going to a M&G and making everyone uncomfortable because we don't like some of the new policies.

If they end a M&G, I wouldn't blame them. They are simply employees of NCL providing the services. They had absolutely no say in the recent changes. NCL has already been bombarded with complaints from other sources, so why complain again. Keep the M&G a fun experience.

I certainly will not share my opinions in a group setting. I have already communicated with Corporate and voiced my concerns. The last M&G we attended was uncomfortable for almost all because a few passengers brought up problems ON PREVIOUS SAILINGS and would not give it a rest. They harangued on and on...I felt badly for Cary (the HD) and the rest of the officers who clearly were uncomfortable. Not sure if I will attend any more of these meetings...what should be fun isn't so much fun lately.

Point I was trying to make and I did not make it very well.

The postcards give direct phone access to the officers. That is where I planned to express any concerns, not within the group setting itself.

Misdirecting frustrations towards the ship-based crew will accomplish nothing. In the grand scheme of things those hard working people have nothing to do with the new charges and are unable to do anything but politely listen. As others have mentioned, post cruise surveys, letters to customer relations, and ultimately voting with your feet and wallet are the ways to make your point known. Arriving at the cruise port with intentions other than having the best possible vacation for your money is counterproductive.

For me personally, I am not going to let these changes impact my vacation. After all, I paid for a nice vacation, and I am determined to have the best vacation for the money I spent. Going on a cruise with an axe to grind will not help me have a great vacation, nor will it make the job of any of the crew any easier if I am belligerent because of these changes. Will these changes impact my choices going forward? Of course. If I feel there is no reward to my loyalty, I can easily take my business elsewhere. There are other lines. There will always be someone who is more than willing to accommodate my vacation dollars.

Point I was trying to make and I did not make it very well.

The postcards give direct phone access to the officers. That is where I planned to express any concerns, not within the group setting itself.

If you are speaking about numbers to the heads of each department, you would still be talking to someone who had no part of these increases.

Those numbers are for unresolved issues with that particular department.