Best things on Celebrity

Maggiehar

It's finally Thursday and we sail in 3 days. I am so ready for a nice break from life. Thanks to everyone for your tips. If you ever have any questions about Princess let me know. It's gonna be tough going from a "top dog" on Princess to the bottom of the chain on Celebrity but I guess I'll have to plow through the week. I feel certain that it will be a great week.

M

Are there places to eat during the day like Princess has the pizza and grill. It s

ounds like you have to pay for some things. Am I reading that right?

Plenty of places, Grill and sandwich bar were outstanding, Cafe was great, ice cream was fantastic, leaves the soft serve for dead.

Oh and herself loved Aqua Spa Cafe.

We too are Princess fans and have only had one Celebrity cruise, but in all honesty there isn't much between them, I expect our first won't be our last.

Now if just they were easier to book with, instead of a call centre that is impossible and a web site that is chronically broken. The whole Princess booking goes so much smoother.

Here is what Celebrity does well and the amenities we enjoy:

1) Outstanding food and excellent customer service.

2) Hot Glass Blowing Shows.

3) The Fitness Centre. The views you enjoy from the treadmills are breathtaking.

4) The Mast Grill. You get to enjoy tasty bacon, cheeseburgers!

5) The Tuscan Grille.

6) The Hideaway Lounge where you can grab a coffee or tea.

7) Cafe al Bacio where you can get the best cup of coffee on the ship and complimentary pastries.

8) Cold towels when you return to the ship after a day in port.

9) The Classic Beverage Package. as part of 123GO

10) Well-maintained and modern ships.

Here is what Celebrity does well and the amenities we enjoy:

1) Outstanding food and excellent customer service.

2) Hot Glass Blowing Shows.

3) The Fitness Centre. The views you enjoy from the treadmills are breathtaking.

4) The Mast Grill. You get to enjoy tasty bacon, cheeseburgers!

5) The Tuscan Grille.

6) The Hideaway Lounge where you can grab a coffee or tea.

7) Cafe al Bacio where you can get the best cup of coffee on the ship and complimentary pastries.

8) Cold towels when you return to the ship after a day in port.

9) The Classic Beverage Package. as part of 123GO

10) Well-maintained and modern ships.

Though most of those are applicable to Princess too.

As I've read and said they are in all honesty more alike than different, I did think Celebrity had a younger crowd that Princess, which has positives and negatives.

My favorites are

Sushi at the Oceanview Cafe at 5:30

Afternoon tea in the Aqua Spa Cafe (scones, jam, cream, sandwiches, sweets)

Iced tea at Cafe Al Bacio

Desserts at the Aqua Spa Cafe. The peach bread pudding was so good.

Free water at the Aqua Spa cafe is in large glass containers with fresh fruit

Grilled to order salmon, chicken and steaks at the Oceanview Cafe. It's a nice change from MDR for dinner.

During lunches at Oceanview cafe the first place I headed for was the carving station. I was never disappointed. Each day was something different. Ham, Turkey, Lamb, Pork loin, and Roast Beast. I'm sure I forgot something. You can get buns and make great sandwiches with the selections or usually a potato and veggie. This was for starters. Lol

Interesting that so many comments mention specific food items! But to add to the list -- I have developed an addiction to the sugar doughnuts available at the Cafe al Bacio during the morning. Never eat/purchase doughnuts at home, but those sugar doughnuts are simply delicious.

Booked on the Solstice for next year to Alaska. Only one other Celebrity cruise before this, and it was on the Mercury in 2007, also to Alaska.

I am excited to return to Celebrity! Reading the posts makes it even more so. Yes, my cruise is a long way off, but oh how much fun I will be having planning and reading and finding out all about this ship and Alaska!

This is our first time on celebrity. We love Princess. My favorite thing on Princess is the Pizza and the Fettuccine Alfredo. What do I have to look forward to on Celebrity next week. Ready....Go!

They have a pizza and pasta bar all day and late into evening. The homemade ice cream is available from lunch until 10-11 pm. They also have soft serve available at the ice cream bar. There are some available everyday items in Blu and on most of our cruises French onion soup has been one of those items. They do have a buffet at night. It's not as expansive as during the day. It is usually very peaceful and quiet. If we are on a long cruise we do eat there sometimes just for the peace. They will grill steak, chicken, salmon. You can get a baked potato. Plus they have a sushi bar every night. They have several items. The grilled burgers and hot dogs by the pool are very good. They close at 6 if I remember correctly.

In the Cafe Al Bacio you can purchase specialty coffee and tea. But, the pastry items and cookies, etc in the display case are not extra charge.

Linda

Edited by Nanny2Trey
Forgot something