Just off the Ruby- ask any questions!

Alexv500

Welcome back, we love the Ruby! :)

Thank you! I can see why you love her, she is a beautiful ship. The crew was outstanding, and the ship was beautiful. Enjoyed every minute onboard and miss it terribly already

Hi

Glad you had a wonderful cruise. We are on the Ruby in 30 days.

A few questions- was there a seperate arcade?

What were the shows & movies?

Was there the tea towers in the International cafe.

What is the credit card deposit they required per person?

Thanks

Poppy

Hi

Glad you had a wonderful cruise. We are on the Ruby in 30 days.

A few questions- was there a seperate arcade?

What were the shows & movies?

Was there the tea towers in the International cafe.

What is the credit card deposit they required per person?

Thanks

Poppy

Hi Poppy!

There was an arcade, it's on deck 17 near the teen center, it's sort of hidden.

There were a great variety of shows in the theatre, all which we enjoyed very much. There's dancing and singing shows (Broadway style) and also some comedy shows as well. Just check the Princess patter each day to see what they have.

Movie wise- there were many great movies shown at night for Movies Under The Stars. Such as; "The Theory of Everything", "Mockingjay Part One", and the "Imitation Game" those are just some of the major movies I remember seeing.

In the international cafe they had a great variety of deserts and pastries each day. They would change it up everyday, and I highly enjoyed all the things they had in there.

For your credit card, they didn't require anything, and I never noticed a hold on mine. All credit card companies are different so check with credit card company. If you make any purchases onboard, you can always go to guest services and pay it off in cash if you would like so they won't charge your card (that's what I did!)

I hope these answers helped and I hope you enjoy your cruise on Ruby! She's an amazing shop and I am sure you will enjoy your time! The crew on that ship is outstanding as well! Bon Voyage!!

Were there pool towels (the blue and white striped towels) in your cabin or could you only get them in the pool area?

They were actually some in the cabin and in the pool area. The cabin steward would bring you new ones or you could just exchange your used one for a new one by the pool

Edited by Alexv500

Hi Alex

There was an arcade, it's on deck 17 near the teen center, it's sort of hidden.

Ok- thanks-Now we will know exactly where it is.

There were a great variety of shows in the theatre, all which we enjoyed very much. There's dancing and singing shows (Broadway style) and also some comedy shows as well. Just check the Princess patter each day to see what they have.

Ok- will have a look in the patter

Movie wise- there were many great movies shown at night for Movies Under The Stars. Such as; "The Theory of Everything", "Mockingjay Part One", and the "Imitation Game" those are just some of the major movies I remember seeing.

Wow- my teenage son & husband will love those!

For your credit card, they didn't require anything, and I never noticed a hold on mine. All credit card companies are different so check with credit card company. If you make any purchases onboard, you can always go to guest services and pay it off in cash if you would like so they won't charge your card (that's what I did!)

Ok- this helps me plan things.

Thanks for your quick responses!

Alex, thank you for your post. We will board the Ruby on May 17 for our third Alaska cruise. This will be our first time sailing with Princess. I am really excited to hear you were happy with her. That just increases my excitement about our cruise.:)

We're planning a cruise to Hawaii in early 2017 and I have my heart set on the Ruby. I hope they're still using her on those runs....but we have a few more weeks/months before they announce those itineraries, from what I'm told. (I keep hearing May/June)

Thanks, OP, for posting and I'm thrilled to hear that you had a good time.

Hello everyone! Just got off the beautiful Ruby Princess from her first mexican riviera cruise on Saturday! It was an amazing cruise and definitely recommend this ship. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I understand the new TV systems are to be installed on all Princess ships before the end of 2015, Does the Ruby have the new system yet and if not does anyone know when:confused:

Ruby will be our home in just a couple days -- and for a couple weeks to and from Hawaii....Happy to hear the ship is wonderful....soooooo excited even more so now!! :D

Wow you are so lucky to be on Ruby for 2 weeks! You are going to enjoy her very much, she is a very beautiful ship. Lots to do, great food, and an outstanding crew. You will be pampered for sure! Enjoy your cruise!!

Alex, thank you for your post. We will board the Ruby on May 17 for our third Alaska cruise. This will be our first time sailing with Princess. I am really excited to hear you were happy with her. That just increases my excitement about our cruise.:)

You're very welcome! You are going to enjoy your cruise very much! Super jealous you will get to be on Ruby, it's only been a couple days and I miss being on the ship so very much! You are going to love Princess, great ships, food, and crew. Their ships are also very elegant and well maintained. You will have a great time cruising Alaska onboard the Ruby! Have a great cruise!! :D

We will also be sailing on Ruby May 17th to Alaska. Also our first time with Princess. Any hidden "must know" prior to sailing?

Glad to hear the great review, thank you!

You're welcome! A lot of people are sailing to alaska this summer, might have to try an Alaskan cruise one day! No hidden must knows, just enjoy your time aboard, Princess is an amazing cruise line with great service and food. You're definitely going enjoy your time onboard! Read the Princess patter each day to see all the activities going on, because there are a lot!! Hope you have a great cruise to Alaska! :)

So glad you had fun on The Ruby. We will be on her April 19. Wondering if you were able to enjoy the Sanctuary!

No I did not sadly! But I was always either poolside or walking on the promenade haha! I was always walking around up and down all over the ship. The Piazza was also another lovely spot I would spend a lot of time at!

Hello everyone! Just got off the beautiful Ruby Princess from her first mexican riviera cruise on Saturday! It was an amazing cruise and definitely recommend this ship. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hi.

We sailed out of San Pedro on 3/21 as did the Ruby you were on.

We arrived at 12:30 and were on the Crown by 1:15. Once on board we looked over at the Ruby, and could not believe the line of people waiting outside and down the sidewalk waiting to just get inside the terminal. I don't know what the delay was for getting on board the Ruby, but the line looked ridiculously long. When we sailed out of port and past the Ruby at 4:00, there still seemed to be a mass of people waiting to board her.

What was the delay and what time did the Ruby finally sail?

We felt blessed and lucky to have had such a flawless boarding and sail away on the Crown, and felt very sorry for the crowd we saw waiting to just get inside the terminal to board the Ruby. It was very sunny and a bit warm, and we were truly glad to have sailed at our scheduled 4:00pm time.

John