Crown deck plan changes?

justaims29

When you go to look at deck plans on the Crown, it says "please indicate when you are cruising" and gives you the option of now-May 2016 or after May 2016.

Maybe I'm just unobservant, but I can't see a single difference. Does anyone have an idea of what might be changing? (Or maybe this is one of those "hidden picture" games where the missing item actually isn't there, so you sit there staring at the picture until you give up. [emoji4])

When you go to look at deck plans on the Crown, it says "please indicate when you are cruising" and gives you the option of now-May 2016 or after May 2016.

Maybe I'm just unobservant, but I can't see a single difference. Does anyone have an idea of what might be changing? (Or maybe this is one of those "hidden picture" games where the missing item actually isn't there, so you sit there staring at the picture until you give up. [emoji4])

A quick search shows........

Many threads on the same subject. Looks to be cat changes.

IIRC Princess is re categorizing some of the cabins. A paper difference, not a physical difference.

(If I'm wrong someone will correct me very soon ;) )

I did a comparison for several Princess ships of the before and after deck plans. The Coral Princess was the only one that I saw any physical changes to the deck plans. All the others must just be changes in the categories of cabins.

It would be nice if Princess would put an explanation on their deck plans page.

It would be nice if Princess would put an explanation on their deck plans page.

They did not post an explanation when they did this several years ago, so I do not expect one now.

Like at that time, what I do expect are a number of new threads on Cruise Critic from each time someone is surprised with this choice of plans to pick from.

Changes on the Island too - especially the aft cabins. A lot of extra cabins have been added. Hope that doesn't impact the dining room(s).

Only with a couple of hundred more passengers for the unchanged capacity dining rooms.

Changes on the Island too - especially the aft cabins. A lot of extra cabins have been added. Hope that doesn't impact the dining room(s).

It sure will, how could it not. :(

200 plus extra passengers.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

They did not post an explanation when they did this several years ago, so I do not expect one now.

Like at that time, what I do expect are a number of new threads on Cruise Critic from each time someone is surprised with this choice of plans to pick from.

Thanks, bill. Hopefully people aren't as snarky about it when it's your turn to be the novice.

• 1 month later...