Croatia

Going to be porting in Split and Dubrovnik Croatia in a few weeks..Need some suggestions for how much to bring in Kuna's. Looking to go to Buza Bar for drinks, maybe lunch..don't buy alot of souveniers...

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Croatian Kuna is the only legal currency of the country. Some vendors may accept Euros but you will get a very poor exchange rate. However after living here for many years I can state that not everyone here will accept Euros, it is hit or miss. Not all cafes or restaurants will accept credit cards, always ask first. Last time I was at Buza they did not accept credit cards nor Euros, also note the drinks are expensive there.

Get some kuna - Dubrovniktravelady is right, and she has answered this question a lot. If you want to walk on the walls or take the cable car, you might be able to get by with a credit card or two.

Even if you find someone to accept euros, you'll get a terrible rate. Otherwise, you'll need kunas. There are ATMs everywhere.

There is another thread about this from just a week or two ago.

Croatian Kuna is the only legal currency of the country. Some vendors may accept Euros but you will get a very poor exchange rate. However after living here for many years I can state that not everyone here will accept Euros, it is hit or miss. Not all cafes or restaurants will accept credit cards, always ask first. Last time I was at Buza they did not accept credit cards nor Euros, also note the drinks are expensive there.

DTL, we will be heading to Dubrovnik for the second time in July. We walked the entire wall the last time and had a fantastic time. Looking for advice on other places to visit in the area. Considering Mali Ston, Ston and some wineries on the Peljesac peninsula if we go north or to Cavtat if we decide to go south a bit. Any suggestions?

Chris

DTL, we will be heading to Dubrovnik for the second time in July. We walked the entire wall the last time and had a fantastic time. Looking for advice on other places to visit in the area. Considering Mali Ston, Ston and some wineries on the Peljesac peninsula if we go north or to Cavtat if we decide to go south a bit. Any suggestions?

Chris

Having moved to Cavtat a few years ago, I can safely say that I love the quiet ambiance of this small village. Good places for lunch, nice walking along the peninsula, many small cafes to stop and enjoy a coffee or drink of choice. That being said, I love Ston and the Peljesac peninsula my mother's birthplace. Wonderful wines, glorious views, fresher than fresh seafood and another wall to visit. You will enjoy either direction...save the other for your next trip here.

• 1 month later...