wheel chairs on ncl dawn

mike442

Mike:

I would not count on getting a wheelchair from NCL. We have not been on the Dawn; however, in general it is much better to bring your own or to have one delivered to the ship by a company like CareVacations.

To my knowledge, no cruiseline rents wheelchairs. Most do not let you use them except during embarkation or disembarkation or, of course, in an emergency. Even if they do, you can not be sure of getting one or that it will be in good condition. We had a bad experience a few years ago, when RCCL could not provide the chair they promised due to the number of older passengers. Since then, when cruising, we travel with both my husband's power chair and his manual one even though doing so creates issues getting to/from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

If you need a wheelchair or scooter, you need to provide your own. I'm disabled and would recommend NOT relying on the cruise line for their WC's. They aren't in the best condition, plus there is a very limited number of chairs available for emergencies. No cruise line offers either wheelchairs or scooters for their passengers. There are a number of companies who will rent chairs or scooters and deliver/pick up chairs and scooters to cruise ships. Most are for cruises leaving from South Florida.

Archived