Cruise,Flight and Transfer Discount ?

sidari

When I booked direct a few years ago the discount was given off the total, though I'm sure I had read somewhere that it was only supposed to apply to the cruise-only price. Needless to say, I didn't argue!

Edited by canny_cruiser

Does anyone know if the club discount is applied to the total price for one of these cruises or just for the Cruise element ?

It is applied to the cruise element only, but in the UK the taxes are usually incorporated into the price. On my repo from UK to SA the discount applied to the whole price as the transfers and flights were advertised as free.

The UK site usually says in the dscription that the price includes taxes and port fees.

the wordng from the Ts & Cs doesn't mention the exclusion of taxes and port fees.

MSC Club MEMBER’S CRUISE DISCOUNT EXTENDIBLE TO ALL CABIN OCCUPANTS VALID ALL YEAR ROUND

| As an MSC Club Member you can extend your discount to the other people staying in your cabin. Exclusive discount on cruise bookings. Excludes flights, transfers, hotels and excursions.

Pete

Thanks guys my understanding was just the cruise only part, I was checking out a few things and some were Cruise,flights and transfers.

24th April 16 cruise only £549 Inside, with Gold discount £54.90 total £494.10

As above but with flights and transfer £699 Inside, with Gold discount £659.10 so difficult to know what the discount has been applied to.

I.E ... Cruise price difference £150 for flight and transfer, add that to discounted cruise fare gives £644.10 ? website says £659.10 (£699 - £549 = £150)