3/22/2015 Adventure of the Seas Compass + Suite handouts

This was the Barbados/St. Lucia/Antiqua/St. Maarten/St. Croix route.

Please feel free to share/upload elsewhere if you want.

Link (Google Drive)

RoyalAdventureOfTheSeasSuite03222015.PDF - different suite handouts + C&A party invite

RoyalAdventureOfTheSeasCompass03222015.PDF - Compasses, embark sheet, debark sheet, onboard booking advert

I usually do formal reviews on the site, but I've got some thoughts:

The cruise was great. Seemed like the Champagne bar was understaffed at times, but everywhere else was fine. These 5 port routes are so busy that the ship almost seems like an afterthought; all day in port, get ready for dinner, dinner, show/drinks, bedtime, repeat. That being said, I'd do it again just to get to those ports.

First time in a Grand Suite (hard to afford for anything but these southern routes as I cruise multiple times a year) but I definitely liked it. I probably didn't use enough of the perks to justify it (on this route at least), but the big room and location (1324) were definitely nice. I really liked breakfast in Giovanni's as well, definitely a nice perk. Didn't even make it to the suite dinner with captain/officers as we were wiped out after being in port. I didn't go to the suite bridge tour either as I was diving in St. Croix, and my wife decided to sleep in.

Calypso Cruises (Barbados) and Spencer Ambrose Land/Sea tour (St. Lucia) really made the cruise, as did my shore wall dive in St. Croix (the shore wall dive is privately booked but uses the same shop (Cane Bay Dive Shop) the cruise does for boat dives). Second time to St. Croix off a ship and it is really the "purest" stop there is right now among those on the route (only 60 visits from cruise ships last year). Rumor is if Guantanamo Bay closes the base may move to St. Croix (requiring a full rebuild of the existing base) so it will be interesting to see what happens there in the future.

I didn't do a tour in St. Maarten (had just planned a beach visit anyway, love Mullet Bay beach), and did the Royal Yacht (Sailboat) Race tour in Antiqua. That tour was ok but I would have liked it to have been longer.

Thank you for the links. Will you be sharing your experiences with us?

I usually do formal reviews on the site, but I've got some thoughts:

The cruise was great. Seemed like the Champagne bar was understaffed at times, but everywhere else was fine. These 5 port routes are so busy that the ship almost seems like an afterthought; all day in port, get ready for dinner, dinner, show/drinks, bedtime, repeat. That being said, I'd do it again just to get to those ports.

First time in a Grand Suite (hard to afford for anything but these southern routes as I cruise multiple times a year) but I definitely liked it. I probably didn't use enough of the perks to justify it (on this route at least), but the big room and location (1324) were definitely nice. I really liked breakfast in Giovanni's as well, definitely a nice perk. Didn't even make it to the suite dinner with captain/officers as we were wiped out after being in port. I didn't go to the suite bridge tour either as I was diving in St. Croix, and my wife decided to sleep in.

Calypso Cruises (Barbados) and Spencer Ambrose Land/Sea tour (St. Lucia) really made the cruise, as did my shore wall dive in St. Croix (the shore wall dive is privately booked but uses the same shop (Cane Bay Dive Shop) the cruise does for boat dives). Second time to St. Croix off a ship and it is really the "purest" stop there is right now among those on the route (only 60 visits from cruise ships last year). Rumor is if Guantanamo Bay closes the base may move to St. Croix (requiring a full rebuild of the existing base) so it will be interesting to see what happens there in the future.

I didn't do a tour in St. Maarten (had just planned a beach visit anyway, love Mullet Bay beach), and did the Royal Yacht (Sailboat) Race tour in Antiqua. That tour was ok but I would have liked it to have been longer.

Thanks for the info. We have a GS for our June cruise. We've enjoyed the GS on our Explorer and Oasis cruises in the past, but this is the first suite we've had on Adventure. Question...is the Giovanni's breakfast made-to-order like Portofino's on Explorer or do you just pick up breakfast from Windjammer and bring it into Giovanni's? Not a big deal, but just curious. Also, did you find the concierge lounge unusually crowded in the evenings, what with the 19th Hole now used as a Diamond Lounge. (And, I know, I'm frivolously asking about such first world problems...)

Thanks a bunch for the reviews.

I"m not as into the ports as our friends are, but will probably make at least one of them a sea day for me. (maybe St. Croix)

My usual is to do one excursion and the rest to go into the town, shop, maybe eat then back to the ship so I get my down time. Jeez, I sound like I'm 80...bwahahaha!

Looks like you had a great time!

Mary

I will be going on the Adventure on May 16 but to the diff route (Aruba,Curaçao, St Kitts, St Thomas)

Do you think it will be the same show times as the compass you posted?

I'm trying to coordinate dinner reservation with show times.

Thanks!!

This was the Barbados/St. Lucia/Antiqua/St. Maarten/St. Croix route.

Please feel free to share/upload elsewhere if you want.

Link (Google Drive)

RoyalAdventureOfTheSeasSuite03222015.PDF - different suite handouts + C&A party invite

RoyalAdventureOfTheSeasCompass03222015.PDF - Compasses, embark sheet, debark sheet, onboard booking advert

I will just ask you -- who was the Activity Manager on board working as the assistant to the Cruise Director? I can't read the small print on the pictures you have provided.....thanks!

I will just ask you -- who was the Activity Manager on board working as the assistant to the Cruise Director? I can't read the small print on the pictures you have provided.....thanks!

It's easy. Click on the google link, when it opens click on the image, it will then open in full size!

It's easy. Click on the google link, when it opens click on the image, it will then open in full size!

Sorry, it doesn't open in full size and it prints in small print as well.

If someone can answer my question wonderful.

If someone can read the Cruise Compass and let me know if someone is co-hosting the Morning Show with the CD, and who that is -- that is fine also.

Thanks.

Sorry, it doesn't open in full size and it prints in small print as well.

If someone can answer my question wonderful.

If someone can read the Cruise Compass and let me know if someone is co-hosting the Morning Show with the CD, and who that is -- that is fine also.

Thanks.

Mercedes CD

Tino Activities Manager

From the Adventure compass posted in Google docs.

image.jpg1_zps5chg9nwg.jpg

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

Bobby is actually the cruise director at this time.. we just returned on Sunday from the adventure... he told us he will be there until Mid July.

Tito is the activities manager!!

Edited by Wendylois

This is great! I am considering Adventure for my family of 4 (kids 10 and 11) next March. Slightly different itinerary but the compasses are very helpful, as is the suite services as we are considering a suite. What was the bedding arrangement in your Grand suite? Does it have pullman beds or a double sofa bed? Need to have separate beds for my kids or they will kill each other by he end of the week! If not I will likely book connecting rooms.