Cagney's and Ocean Blue

WSM1974

We are on the June 13 sailing of Getaway, and I was just looking through the dining options, and I don't know if it's the same across the board, but when did Cagney's become more expensive than Ocean Blue? It's only by a dollar, but Cagney's is now $30 and Ocean Blue is $29. I thought that Ocean Blue was the high end restaurant, but is Cagney's that in demand that they upped the price? So many price changes across the board that it makes your head spin.

We are on the June 13 sailing of Getaway, and I was just looking through the dining options, and I don't know if it's the same across the board, but when did Cagney's become more expensive than Ocean Blue? It's only by a dollar, but Cagney's is now $30 and Ocean Blue is $29. I thought that Ocean Blue was the high end restaurant, but is Cagney's that in demand that they upped the price? So many price changes across the board that it makes your head spin.

Ocean Blue is $39.00

Harriet

Cagney's has always been $30, Ocean Blue use to be $39 so they dropped the price there if the price is now being advertised as $29.

If they did lower the price it wouldn't surprise me. I think it started off at $49, on my sailing in October they had just lowered it to $39 and the place was still empty almost all the time. I don't think the menu at Ocean Blue V. the menu at Cagney's justified the price difference. Also its kind of hard to charge more for seafood when you know your kind of at sea...

If they did lower the price it wouldn't surprise me. I think it started off at $49, on my sailing in October they had just lowered it to $39 and the place was still empty almost all the time. I don't think the menu at Ocean Blue V. the menu at Cagney's justified the price difference. Also its kind of hard to charge more for seafood when you know your kind of at sea...

LOL - It's not like they have fishing lines thrown overboard to catch the fish!

Harriet

I could have swore I saw a couple of guys fishing on my last cruise on the balcony next to mine lol

If they were in the balcony next to you, then they were stocking up for Seafood Night in the Buffet. The people in charge of stocking the shelves for Ocean Blue fish strictly from The Haven.

LOL - It's not like they have fishing lines thrown overboard to catch the fish!

Harriet

I know, but that isn't how most cruiser think. They figure that since their on the ocean that seafood should be cheaper. Plus what do you think their "Catch of the day" special is! It doesn't help much that when I was on in October that the sushi bar had some of the best and reasonable priced sushi I ever had!

Edited by wichitastatecruiser

On the 3/22/2015 Breakaway sailing, Ocean Blue was still priced at $39 - and - each time we passed by in the evening, it was basically empty, whereas Wasabi Sushi was relatively busy doing a la carte.

I can speculate that their "test" pricing for Ocean Blue failed again so they are lowering prices, for now, *** subject to unannounced change - anytime/anyway/regardless, to $29 p/p and I could nearly swear it was higher $49 p/p last March when we're sailing ... if I can only find those sets of Dailies (which we keep for records as a piece of our cruise history) Maybe someone else can refresh their memories of the older prices.

$39 in 2014 and up to last week. Now reduced to $29 but add a 18% gratuity, well - I'm not doing the math here. :D:rolleyes:

On the 3/22/2015 Breakaway sailing, Ocean Blue was still priced at $39 - and - each time we passed by in the evening, it was basically empty, whereas Wasabi Sushi was relatively busy doing a la carte.

I can speculate that their "test" pricing for Ocean Blue failed again so they are lowering prices, for now, *** subject to unannounced change - anytime/anyway/regardless, to $29 p/p and I could nearly swear it was higher $49 p/p last March when we're sailing ... if I can only find those sets of Dailies (which we keep for records as a piece of our cruise history) Maybe someone else can refresh their memories of the older prices.

$39 in 2014 and up to last week. Now reduced to $29 but add a 18% gratuity, well - I'm not doing the math here. :D:rolleyes:

They reduced Ocean Blue to $39 from $49 right before my October sailing. On my sailing Ocean Blue was consistently empty whereas Wasabi stayed busy.