What to do with the Ship Pins?

DaisyGirl55

I am starting to gather a nice collection of ship pins from all of my cruises (lucky me, I know)

So far, they are stitting in a box in a drawer. I would love some ideas on displaying the pins somehow, and thought some of you may have some suggestions on how to do this.

Perhaps a couple of shadow boxes would do the trick. Maybe a small picture of the ship, or at least the date of the cruise.

Any other ideas?

I am starting to gather a nice collection of ship pins from all of my cruises (lucky me, I know)

So far, they are stitting in a box in a drawer. I would love some ideas on displaying the pins somehow, and thought some of you may have some suggestions on how to do this.

Perhaps a couple of shadow boxes would do the trick. Maybe a small picture of the ship, or at least the date of the cruise.

Any other ideas?

I put them on my hat that I wear on the ship.

The ships don't give out ship pins anymore. They only give VIFP pins to returning guests. However, you can buy ship pins in the gift shop on board. And the pins that you can buy are a different (slightly smaller) size than the ones that used to be given out. If you're missing any, look on eBay.

they are now very weighty.....looking for my next idea

I would do something like find a picture of a cruise ship or something nautical you like and have it copied onto fabric. -or find some fabric that already has this. Find someone who can sew and make something like a very small quilt blanket, or even a pennant that you can hang and start pinning those pins for everyone to see.

My hubby used to wear his pins on his hat. You notice that I say used to? He got tired of people pulling the brim down hard over his forehead. He finally learned. -And after a while the hat starts to look warn and grungy any way.

Just get creative. Ask one of you crafty friends. It shouldn't cost much and before you know it, you've got a one of a kind conversation piece!

PS, everyone does the bulletin board, think outside the box! Good luck!;)

they are now very weighty.....looking for my next idea

How many of yours say Holiday? :)

You could get a styrafoam Christmas ball and stick them in all around?

Fill in any bare spots with sequins.

Put them in a crystal candy dish and put them on your coffee table?

Have them made into a bracelet?

Cluster them on a decorative pillow and put it on that chair in the living room that you never sit in?

Or arrange them artistically on a nice satin evening bag and carry it on your future cruises?

Edited by mzloolue

Definitely a shadow box! I have pins from my cruises (and other travels) framed in a 16 x 20 shadow box I got from Michael's. It's a great conversation piece for anyone that comes to my house. Think about starting one with your ship pins and start collecting them at your ports too. You'll have a full box before you know it. :)

I look got someone with a blue card and give them as a souvenir. There smiles are enough for me.

dot

We do the same thing, usually a kid in the dining room.

Edited by BallFour4

Any other ideas?

Ours are just thrown in a drawer. Since we're now Platinum, we get nicer and bigger pins which include name of ship & year of sailing. We now only do B2B cruises so get 4 pins each cruise.

Edited by Sparky2

So how exactly do you get these pins? Just curious. I collect Hard Rock Cafe pins from the cities we travel to, so I would love to be able to start collecting cruise ship pins. Do you buy them at the gift shop, or do you earn them?

As a Platinum member, we get a pin with the ship name and year. I believe that some ships have different ship pins for sale in the gift shops.

Wow I love the pillow idea, I'm going to get a summer/nautical pillow from home goods and pin the pins to that and put it on my enclosed porch!! Can't wait now I just need to buy all the ones that were lost or we didn't get!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...