harvest caye questions

denas

Just to change the subject from fees/room service....

We are sailing on the Star in January and excited to check out the new Harvest Caye. I like Belize, but having the option to do something without a tender ride is very appealing!

When is the new Harvest Caye supposed to open? Will everything be open at once or are they openning with minimal attractions and slowly adding? There is lots of upset in Belize over this...do you think it will open on time? Finally, will they operate this like GSC (allowing me to get drinks and charge to my shipboard account) or more like Mahogany Bay in Roatan?

And do you think I will still be able to get private excursions? Doesn't look like as much options on the mainland where tenders will take you from Harvest Caye.

Thanks!!

Just to change the subject from fees/room service....

We are sailing on the Star in January and excited to check out the new Harvest Caye. I like Belize, but having the option to do something without a tender ride is very appealing!

When is the new Harvest Caye supposed to open? Will everything be open at once or are they openning with minimal attractions and slowly adding? There is lots of upset in Belize over this...do you think it will open on time? Finally, will they operate this like GSC (allowing me to get drinks and charge to my shipboard account) or more like Mahogany Bay in Roatan?

And do you think I will still be able to get private excursions? Doesn't look like as much options on the mainland where tenders will take you from Harvest Caye.

Thanks!!

It will be like GSC. It is NCL's new "private island" much like Labadee for RCCL. You will use your shipboard account to get drinks (or they will be included with the UBP like GSC). I am sure they will add things over time. When it first opens the attractions will probably be limited in some nature. There was (is?) a lot of anger over the project, but it is well underway so assuming the weather cooperates it should open on time.

As for excursions usually on the private islands you dont really leave the NCL area. They often have "excursion" like a party boat with drinks, access to special attractions like jetskis, parasailing, etc. This is billed as an eco-tourism site, so I would assume there will be some sort of nature excursions but all this is speculation as its not yet complete.

Hope this is helpful.

6&8

It will be like GSC. It is NCL's new "private island" much like Labadee for RCCL. You will use your shipboard account to get drinks (or they will be included with the UBP like GSC). I am sure they will add things over time. When it first opens the attractions will probably be limited in some nature. There was (is?) a lot of anger over the project, but it is well underway so assuming the weather cooperates it should open on time.

As for excursions usually on the private islands you dont really leave the NCL area. They often have "excursion" like a party boat with drinks, access to special attractions like jetskis, parasailing, etc. This is billed as an eco-tourism site, so I would assume there will be some sort of nature excursions but all this is speculation as its not yet complete.

Hope this is helpful.

6&8

Thanks! They are supposed to have a tender site so that guests can connect to the mainland. It was one of the requirements by the Belize government. That is what made me wonder if it would really be a private island and my UBP would work there or not! I guess we might just have to wait until the first ships start sailing to find out.

Some of the NCL excursions are already up on the website.

http://es.ncl.com/port/harvest-caye-belize/excursions#port_detail_tabs

There is supposed of be some kind of tender that takes you into the mainland. I would guess that it will be billed as an excursion like a "Belize on your own" kind of thing. But that's just my opinion.

I will be going there in Oct 2016 myself and am interested in how really eco friendly it really turns out to be.

There is supposed of be some kind of tender that takes you into the mainland. I would guess that it will be billed as an excursion like a "Belize on your own" kind of thing. But that's just my opinion.

I will be going there in Oct 2016 myself and am interested in how really eco friendly it really turns out to be.

I will be interested in how the excursions work out and how the beach overall is set up for ship passengers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
We will be stopping at Harvest Caye in April of 2016. There are excursions already scheduled for Mayan Ruins on t he Mainland, Tubing, Zipliines, and several others. There are also activities that take place on the island.

As of now the ncl isn't offering tubing, ziplining do you know how I could do those activities privately? Any other adventuris activities we could do? Thank you!

As of now the ncl isn't offering tubing, ziplining do you know how I could do those activities privately? Any other adventuris activities we could do? Thank you!

A zipline excursion IS going to be offered from Harvest Caye. Read post #332 in the other Harvest Caye thread at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289499&page=17

Edited by NMLady

This will not be like GSC. From what I have read on other forums it will be more like Costa Maya built exclusively for NCL. All food and drinks are provided by outside sources and can't be charged to your shipboard account and the UBP will not be honored.

Right now others have confirmed that it won't open until November 2016. Check out the anything new about harvest Caye thread for details.