Curacao

jazncruiser

Who has been to Curacao? What to do there? I have read somewhere that Miss Ann Boat Trips are fun at Klein Curacao. We enjoy snorkeling and are looking for a boat trip since we will be in port from 7:00am to Midnight. We will be there on a Thursday, October 20th.

Thanks for anyone's help:)

I love this port. I love to poke around in the shops. I have been told the beaches are wonderful here. I am going here in February and am looking at taking a beach excursion. This evening onboard the ship, they have a wonderful BBQ and when you sail away, Curacao puts on a spectacular fire works display. I think you will enjoy this port, I know I have the 2 other times I have been here.

Swimming with the dolphins is a must. Check out our phots on webshots to see what it is like.

They have built a barrier reef so you are actually swimming in the ocean with them, not a concrete pool. 2 dolphins and max of 4 people and a trainer who explains all the hand signals and talks you through them to make it fun.

Any questions email us.

Go to Curaco and look up Dolphin Academy...

Jim & Ruth

Jim, is swimming with the dolphins offered as an excursion with HAL or did you book it independently in Curacao? Last time I looked on the HAL excursion web site, it wasn't and my sister and neices were hoping one port would offer it. Thanks for any information.

Have to book it independently. Looked up the site for you.

http://www.dolphin-academy.com/index.htm

When we got into port took cab over. You get into the sea aquarium for free and get to watch the dolphin show for free. Then we were briefed and then got into the water with the dolphins. It is one of the best excursions we ever had. Think it was about $125.00 PP.

Did not go through the websight but if you have any specific questions email us. We have all the pictures on disk if you want a copy let us know.

Ruth has a mobility problem and they went out of their way to make it a great experience for her.....

Jim & Ruth

Nice to hear from you again.

Didn't you live up around New Orleans???? Hope everything is ok with you guys these days.

Check out the pictures on our albums at Webshots.

Ruth rented a P51D Mustang WWII Fighter plane for me for fathers day and it is up there with swimming with the dolphins.

How old is Stephen now. He has got tobe grown up a little.

Say hellow to you family for us...

Ruth and Jim

Jim, thank you so much for the information. I am going to forward that to my sisters and see what they think. My nieces and nephews would love this excursion. They are 9, 10 and 14, do you think the 9 and 10 year olds would be ok with this swim???? They all love the water and have pools in their yards. Thanks for your opinion.

I would LOVE to see your pictures. You can send them to me at doone1957@verizon.net when you have a minute, Jim.

Thanks again so much, my sisters and neices and nephews are going to be so excited about this.

They have the barbacue on the Lido deck as you are leaving Curaco. As you have left port go to the stern of the ship and get a railing aseat looking out over the stern so you have a good view of the fireworks as you leave port.

Think this is the only port that has fireworks as you leave.

Jim & Ruth

Hi, Jim,

Yes, we live 80 miles outside of New Orleans, but we live west of the city so we are fine. Wish I could say the same for those poor people from the city who lost everything they have. Our town is full of displaced people, many who have horror stories to tell. Makes you thankful for what you have, that's for sure.

The boys are 12 and 14 now and keeping us busy.

Tell Ruth hi for us, maybe we'll meet up again on a cruise one day.

Paula

PS-For the person wondering about the ages for the dolphin swim, I think Stephen was 9 or 10 when we did it and he loved it!

I'm confused. :confused: We are booked on the Volendam for the Oct. 16 sail. When I booked months and months ago, the itinerary said Curacao 7 a.m. to midnight. The TA itinerary said the same....they have now changed it to 7 a.m. to noon, which leaves little time for sight seeing. Anyone have an answer?

Hmmm. Posted my answer, but it hasn't shown. So, if this duplicates, sorry. Regarding Curacao. I called HAL and the agent said passengers are to be on board by 4 p.m., but the ship does not leave port until 12 midnight. She was puzzled by this also. Maybe they want us to be on board for the BBQ and they will stay in port for the fireworks??? It's probably a much more technical answer. But there it is.

We are on the Volendam, Oct 16 also -- my cruise doc says

Curacao, 7AM - 12:00AM -- 12:00 am is midnight (noon would be 12:00 pm)

Don't know anything about having to be back on the ship at 4pm -- that makes no sense

Don't know anything about having to be back on the ship at 4pm -- that makes no sense

Not to me either...OR to the HAL agent. But that's what she was told. I know that 12 p.m. is noon, but one web site had it listed as 7 a.m. to [/u]noon

Not to me either...OR to the HAL agent. But that's what she was told. I know that 12 p.m. is noon, but one web site had it listed as 7 a.m. to noon!

We've stopped in Curacao a number of times but we always left at 9 or 10 P.M. and the fireworks were lit as we sailed out. The locals line the harbor and its wonderful fun.....and good fireworks IMO

Leaving at midnight, though......I wonder if they'll do the fireworks so late at night?? The locals would not likely wait at the harbor at that hour and how many pax would have gone to sleep already? I'll be interested to hear what they are doing in regard to the midnight departure as our second upcoming VODM cruise in January sails late.

Archived