Curacao

jazncruiser

We've stopped in Curacao a number of times but we always left at 9 or 10 P.M. and the fireworks were lit as we sailed out. The locals line the harbor and its wonderful fun.....and good fireworks IMO

Leaving at midnight, though......I wonder if they'll do the fireworks so late at night?? The locals would not likely wait at the harbor at that hour and how many pax would have gone to sleep already? I'll be interested to hear what they are doing in regard to the midnight departure as our second upcoming VODM cruise in January sails late.

We're on the Oct. 16th sailing, so I'll let you know when I get back.

Curacao was our favorite stop for snorkeling on a 10 day cruise (and we did this type of thing at every port - 5 ). There is a sunken tug boat a short boat ride from the cruise dock. We did this in the morning, returned to the ship for lunch and then checked out the charming town the other side of the floating bridge. We would love to go back to Curacao!!!! My teenage boys even found shell casings from world war II in the sand by the tug boat. The sixth grader thought it was so cool when they later read the book "The Cay" in language arts that tells about when this island was occupied. Do get off the boat... you will not be disapointed in anything that you do!!!

Kajokg........

Please do let us know if/when you have fireworks. I hope they have them. It's fun on deck when they shoot them off.

I sure will! As soon as I return, I'll post what really happens in Curacao. I really don't understand having to return to ship by 4 p.m. when the ship doesn't sail until midnight. The agent I spoke to did not understand either. I return on Oct. 26 and will post soon after.

Thanks, Kajokg......

I seriously doubt that we'll have to return to the ship at 4 if the ship sails at midnight. One time or the other is incorrect. If we have to be back at 4, I think the ship sails before midnight.......and if the ship does sail at midnight, I think 'all aboard' will be much later.

Thanks, TidePrideGA ... it does my heart good to know that people enjoy my photography. I just shoot pictures of what I like ... I'm not a professional, nor even close, but I do know what I like and I take LOTS of pictures with my digital camera. Hence, sometimes, I get a really good photo. :)

As for the video ... I had great fun playing with iMovie to make those productions . They were great fun. I just wish the technology had existed then to make better quality encoded images for streaming play from the internet. I've thought of pulling out the raw video footage and doing it again, but that would be too much work and I never did get around to digitizing the video I shot on my panama canal cruise nearly a year ago. :( Doing that would take absolutely forever. But ... I should, if only to save the raw footage to DVD for long-term storage.

Again, thanks! I DO enjoy my blessings. :) And, I enjoy sharing them with others.

Archived