Just back from 5 day on Liberty & She is big..

Just back from a 5 day on Liberty! 1st time on a Freedom class ship, 3rd cruise in the last year! Brilliance, Vison to Liberty!

Stayed in 9340 nice middle hump cabin! Right next to the elevators!

The ship is amazing with all she has to offer and to do. Wow is she big! Where in 1 hour can you go from a beautiful ice show production to full blown production of Saturday night fever. When they were bringing the dance floor down for the play you have to remind yourself you really are at sea! Into the air was amazing and I really say all are worth seeing if you can fit it in. I did not see the comedian.

Full disclosure I was sick the whole cruise which turned into a big bronchial event but non-contagious; it just ruined my trip thanks Doubletree Deerfield beach! If you have breathing issues stay far away!

I have to address the elephant in the room! My word what is up with the WJ food? I rate it almost ineaitable! Same 5 to 7 basic things for lunch and dinner every day. It seems the food has gone done hill since last September, or maybe it is Liberty! I was so disappointed, because I thought a freedom class ship more diverse offerings with a bigger area! Nope! I don't know if it was Jade right there, but add a little Chinese flavorings and you have slightly different food. They were serving the same food. Last September I found beautiful Prime Rib at WJ on Vision, and this time over dead to almost green. It was the same thing with the pork and more. I stood there the last day at lunch and thought to myself not this stuff again! I settled for more of the mixed fruit which was decent a hamburg and fries. I never had dinner that night. I couldn't find time to get to MDR for fishermens platter. Better really like Salmon or white fish, because chicken was gone. Pasta and sauce made up 1 whole side of 1 station, and if your lucky at dinner maybe either a meat sauce or meatballs. The other half rice or mashed potatoes. Occasionally the twice baked potoes; that was 1 nights dinner with fruit.

My theory is that RCI is quietly trying to drive you out of the WJ and either you have to show up to the actual dinning rooms, or they want you to head for the fee resturants. Any thoughts for that theory? I am going to shake it off, and I was sick and everything was off! I have 3 cruises booked 2016, so I am hoping for better result! Little nervous since her Majesty is 1st up and Vision WJ was small I could just imagine how small Majesty is!

They had the 70's party, white party, quest and marrige game in more. I really did not like Dru that much! Seemed to me he was doing the least he could get way with during the activities! I was missing Steve D. energy! No real repore with his activities mgr person.

Here are a couple of quick pix's!

5548c26c7e0587951acc20f63326e0e5.jpg03d0d889f85c41be2c32fe030a08e346.jpge92494520a8e22a0c64dfae554d6ef33.jpg7c35fb7bc1375eb293688f93d32aaa11.jpgBrilliance leaving Cozumel5904c1c0acee3eee8f08235fa1ef1f03.jpg

Any questions and I would be happy to try to answer!

Happy cruising all!

Edited by Justmekaren918

Thanks for info, can not wait to sail het have her booked in November and April 2016. Not as critical of Windjammer as you but close, that is one of the biggest area of RCCL that could be improved , some other lines are about the same , but some including Celebrity are way better for the buffet.

I got off liberty a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sick like you unfortunately were and I felt the same about the wj food. I ate pasta for every lunch because it was all I found to eat. It was the same choices for every lunch. Breakfast was the same too. That syrup was gross. Did I go hungry? No. But I could tell they were serving cheap food. I was very un-wowed by the food this cruise.

I still had a good time as I don't cruise to eat. Shows were surprisingly good for a cruise ship. Don't miss silent disco.

Edited by WestCoastCruiser123

Hi Justmekaren...

Reading your review and noticed you had one of the "hump" cabins on deck 9 on the liberty...How did you like the hump and would you recommend that type of balcony room. I don't want to go as high as 9, but thinking of a hump cabin (if still any left) on Deck 6..I love that it' near the elevator, but did you find alot of noise from elevator, foot traffice, etc. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.:)

I got off liberty a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sick like you unfortunately were and I felt the same about the wj food. I ate pasta for every lunch because it was all I found to eat. It was the same choices for every lunch. Breakfast was the same too. That syrup was gross. Did I go hungry? No. But I could tell they were serving cheap food. I was very un-wowed by the food this cruise.

I still had a good time as I don't cruise to eat. Shows were surprisingly good for a cruise ship. Don't miss silent disco.

I was too afraid to eat the pasta; sticky and gross! I was thinking the sauce was hunts or worse! I don't live to eat, but I was usually eating very late in WJ to avoid crowds. What I was noticing was not to great! They are really pushing the envelope on food length! Seeing the same version of the same item 4x times or more.

Haven't been to the disco thing maybe I will get to it on Brilliance! Doubt the run it on the 4 day runs!

Hi Justmekaren...

Reading your review and noticed you had one of the "hump" cabins on deck 9 on the liberty...How did you like the hump and would you recommend that type of balcony room. I don't want to go as high as 9, but thinking of a hump cabin (if still any left) on Deck 6..I love that it' near the elevator, but did you find alot of noise from elevator, foot traffice, etc. Please let me know.

It was nice and the balcony was a great size! I almost wanted to clip a lounger for the balcony. You could see pretty easily both ways! I couldn't imagine an aft cabin, my word that ship is big, so I was very grateful to be right at the back elevators which ment I was close to a bunch of bars, WJ, MDR. I would definitely go the cheaper lower level route, maybe someone could eleborate on deck 6 noise below! I was going to go that route on Indy, but I am choosing a b2b on Brilliance! I have the coveted corner aft D1 balcony on Brilliance.

3a229017c42562e34f066df1f49012cc.jpg! It was so cool sharing time with Brilliance in Cozumel! My favorite ship!

Foot traffic wasn't to bad! I did hear the kids stopping/running the stairs! It did quiet down around 11pm or so! The convenience out way the little noise issues!

Hi Justmekaren...

I had a hump on 6. You could see my door when getting off the elevator. The noise wasn't really bad at night. But my balcony divider was extremely noisy. That noise kept me up at night. I didn't know if I was just unlucky or if it was extra windy because I was on the hump. I stuck a lot of cruise compasses in those dividers that week. I even had maintenance come up and look at it.

I had a hump on 6. You could see my door when getting off the elevator. The noise wasn't really bad at night. But my balcony divider was extremely noisy. That noise kept me up at night. I didn't know if I was just unlucky or if it was extra windy because I was on the hump. I stuck a lot of cruise compasses in those dividers that week. I even had maintenance come up and look at it.

I actually called maintenance! I was concerned one of the panels was going to jump the track and cause a real issue! They sent a worker and he put wedge in it! It Stop one of them! I guess a common issue since my neighbors each had a panel really rattling bad as well!

I leave on the Liberty of the Seas Monday. How was embarkation and debarkation?

We disembarked from Liberty last Saturday. We still had to walk off on deck 1, and walk to the next terminal, but we were outside the terminal about 30 minutes after we walked off the ship. Had luggage tag #2, so it may have gotten slower later.

I leave on the Liberty of the Seas Monday. How was embarkation and debarkation?

Kitty my experience with disembarkation was about an 1hr not bad being a little on the late side ove the crowds! Embarkation was about 1 1/2hrs but it was the height due to 2 wine bottles slowing my packing down!

Since it is still Springbreak don't be surprised when they stop you if you have wine in carry-on! They figured it out and let me go with the 2 allowed bottles.

I actually called maintenance! I was concerned one of the panels was going to jump the track and cause a real issue! They sent a worker and he put wedge in it! It Stop one of them! I guess a common issue since my neighbors each had a panel really rattling bad as well!

I'm going on the Liberty in 2 weeks, and we have a deck 6 hump balcony.... Now I'm concerned about the noise from the balcony. I'm not a very sound sleeper to begin with, and I already wear earplugs every night! Was the problem rectified by maintenance, or did it continue? Thanks for the info!![emoji1]

We got off Liberty on March 19th...walked out of deck 8 balcony stateroom at 8:30am...were in and out of cab and standing in line at American Airlines Ft Lauderdale airport at 9:30am.

Embark: Showed up with 6 people at 11am, tons of traffic in port. so probably 10 minutes worth of traffic from 10:50-11am cab dropped us off. Breezed through security check, then very little line for check in and getting 6 people sea passes took 15 minues, then sat in waiting for a little while and were up on deck 11 by about 11:45 so not bad at all.

Did you do the Belize and Cozumel itinerary? If so can you tell me what night is the formal night? Trying to plan a dinner at Chops around it. Thanks!

Formal night was 2nd night! Yes I did the Belize and Cozumel route! I will try to get the Compass scanned this weekend! There is confusion as who the CD will be for you Dru or Luke! Not a fan of Dru!

I'm going on the Liberty in 2 weeks, and we have a deck 6 hump balcony.... Now I'm concerned about the noise from the balcony. I'm not a very sound sleeper to begin with, and I already wear earplugs every night! Was the problem rectified by maintenance, or did it continue? Thanks for the info!![emoji1]

The wedge solved my panel via the maintenance person, but others left there's to rattle! I might suggest to politely ask your immediate neighbors to see if they would like to get theres to stop and explain to call maintenance have them put wedge in it! The others were distance noise really not that loud. I was surprised to see they unhooked the panels and seperated them the am back it must be the washing process.

We will be going on our first cruise May 16th on Liberty. Any advice, tips, do's or don'ts. Leaving out of Bayonne and going to Kings Wharf Bermuda. Balcony cabin on deck 8.

Also wondering about what excursions are worth the money!

Feeling very anxious about all of this. :(

Thank you!!

Formal night was 2nd night! Yes I did the Belize and Cozumel route! I will try to get the Compass scanned this weekend! There is confusion as who the CD will be for you Dru or Luke! Not a fan of Dru!

The wedge solved my panel via the maintenance person, but others left there's to rattle! I might suggest to politely ask your immediate neighbors to see if they would like to get theres to stop and explain to call maintenance have them put wedge in it! The others were distance noise really not that loud. I was surprised to see they unhooked the panels and seperated them the am back it must be the washing process.

Thank you!! [emoji2]

We will be going on our first cruise May 16th on Liberty. Any advice, tips, do's or don'ts. Leaving out of Bayonne and going to Kings Wharf Bermuda. Balcony cabin on deck 8.

Also wondering about what excursions are worth the money!

Feeling very anxious about all of this. :(

Thank you!!

Eileenieg63: Congrats on choosing cruising and Liberty! First rule do not to try to do everything the 1st day! Lots of sunscreen. The drinks can be a little deceptive so be a little careful. Liberty is a marval to appreciate! I would try to get too at least one of the shows! If you are booking a drink package look for 1 of the tables they are all over the place. I was pretty sick(thanks DT) the entire trip, so I didn't do to much, but I did take a lot pix's of the ship with everyone gone. I will try to get some uploaded! Most on my camera.

Excursions choice is a very personal issue and decision with that said you are going to Bermuda which is a lovely island, and for the most part very safe and great island! It has been beyond moons since I have been there. Here is a great place to research http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

I have never gone out of NJ so I can't help with that! Here is another place that might find you answers http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Here is a great place to learn more about Liberty: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=389

Above all enjoy! You are on vacation! It is pretty Zen to travel the ocean when she is kind!

Happy cruising all!

Karen.......so sorry you were sick for most of the trip. I did keep looking for you on board but it sure would have been easier if I knew what you looked like!! 😄. Was trying to find someone with maybe a Patriots shirt or Boston ??'!!

I will say I was surprised at how smooth the boarding and disembarking process went for us..."having eight of us can be a little confusing but it went great. We arrived about 11 and were on the ship in 30 minutes! We carried our own luggage off....and were in the car heading home before 9. No problems at all.

As far as the WJ ....the 6 boys with us never had a problem finding something they liked to eat. I personally only ate breakfast there ....thought it was fine. I usually went to the "made to order" egg station and got an omelet which was always very good! And lots of fruit and grits....both very good too! I got several sandwiches and desserts from cafe promenade or sorrentos .....both very good. Loved the cheesecake on a stick! My favorite! For dinner we ate in the main dining room every nights......and had a great experience there...waiters were excellent and our whole party always found plenty of things they loved to eat! Either we are not picky eaters or just lucked out on what we got to eat!

We were on deck 8......not actually on the hump but right next to it. Never had any problems with noise on the balcony.....and my husband is a light sleeper. We actually slept with our balcony door open every night! It was great!

We went to just about all of the shows.....we thought they were all very good. Saw the welcome show. Air show, comedy, love and marriage, and quest. Did not go to Saturday night fever because saw it last time we were on Liberty but enjoyed it too!

Thanks for the great pics Karen......just makes me wish I was back on her or on any ship for that matter! You are lucky you have more cruises scheduled.

Karen.......so sorry you were sick for most of the trip. I did keep looking for you on board but it sure would have been easier if I knew what you looked like!! 😄. Was trying to find someone with maybe a Patriots shirt or Boston ??'!!

I will say I was surprised at how smooth the boarding and disembarking process went for us..."having eight of us can be a little confusing but it went great. We arrived about 11 and were on the ship in 30 minutes! We carried our own luggage off....and were in the car heading home before 9. No problems at all.

As far as the WJ ....the 6 boys with us never had a problem finding something they liked to eat. I personally only ate breakfast there ....thought it was fine. I usually went to the "made to order" egg station and got an omelet which was always very good! And lots of fruit and grits....both very good too! I got several sandwiches and desserts from cafe promenade or sorrentos .....both very good. Loved the cheesecake on a stick! My favorite! For dinner we ate in the main dining room every nights......and had a great experience there...waiters were excellent and our whole party always found plenty of things they loved to eat! Either we are not picky eaters or just lucked out on what we got to eat!

We were on deck 8......not actually on the hump but right next to it. Never had any problems with noise on the balcony.....and my husband is a light sleeper. We actually slept with our balcony door open every night! It was great!

We went to just about all of the shows.....we thought they were all very good. Saw the welcome show. Air show, comedy, love and marriage, and quest. Did not go to Saturday night fever because saw it last time we were on Liberty but enjoyed it too!

Thanks for the great pics Karen......just makes me wish I was back on her or on any ship for that matter! You are lucky you have more cruises scheduled.

Dawn I am sorry I missed you as well! I was going to try to get too the basketball thing the last day. I was thinking Jayson probably needed some practice time and I am sure would've blown everyone away.

Well Dawn you will have to start planning for more. I never got my Adventure cruise booked and now it's price tag not appealing or liveable. We will see!

I liked those cheesecake things too!

Karen......not sure if he was at any bball thing on the last day but he did win the knockout competition on the first day! Lol......got one of those RCCL ribbons! :) Wishing you wonderful cruise with your mom!

Loved the cheesecake on a stick! My favorite! For dinner we ate in the main dining room every nights......and had a great experience there...waiters were excellent and our whole party always found plenty of things they loved to eat! Either we are not picky eaters or just lucked out on what we got to eat!

Ah yes, the cheesecake on a stick....loved it when we had it on Allure and recently on Indy. Took a few to Karaoke each night when we sailed.