Liquor pricing onboard vs port?

Savlamara

We are cruising to Grand cayman, Ocho rios and cozumel this weekend. I need to bring back some bottles for people here. What has been everyone's experience when it comes to pricing? I know most (if not all) cruise ports accept US$ so I don't know where to purchase liquor at the best cost. For people who have been to these ports are their pricing more or less then onboard shops for the same liquor???

I've found sometimes on-board has a better price.;)

A thought, you might want to check out the ship to see if they have your brand's, and their prices, that way when you get in port you will know which is better.in port they all have their big duty free and sale signs . but some times they are not.

hope this helps

vic

Also price check at home.

Found the same size Amarula at our local liquor store for $1 more than the onboard price, taken into account the buy 2 at a discount.

We are cruising to Grand cayman, Ocho rios and cozumel this weekend. I need to bring back some bottles for people here. What has been everyone's experience when it comes to pricing? I know most (if not all) cruise ports accept US$ so I don't know where to purchase liquor at the best cost. For people who have been to these ports are their pricing more or less then onboard shops for the same liquor???

I would check both availability and pricing of any bottles of liquor you are intending to buy at your local area retailers first. At a minimum, you then have something to determine if you are actually saving any money.

They're typically *about* the same. I've also seen it where the shop on the ship will price match lower prices found on shore - take a picture of the price and product in the duty free shops and if you paid or would pay more on the ship they can match

I have been to grand cayman and ocho rios and I found that grand cayman had the best prices on majority of the liquor. But that was two years ago, I tend to only buy items I can't in the us....ie local rum or white Hennessy!

I found the big name alcohol to be cheaper onboard. Also the first 2 days the funshops are 15% off everything. I bought all my stuff the first night as it was never cheaper and some stuff sold out by day 3.

They're typically *about* the same. I've also seen it where the shop on the ship will price match lower prices found on shore - take a picture of the price and product in the duty free shops and if you paid or would pay more on the ship they can match

Yes, this! I have seen them do this. Know the offers the ship has going on before you head off the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app