Switching rooms

rarodg2

We are sailing on the Triumph Jan. 7 and have been booked since March. I got a call from my TA yesterday saying that there is a group going on our cruise that wants our 3 inside rooms. So Carnival offered to move these rooms to the 7th floor (they were on the 1st floor to begin with). However, the rooms on the 7th floor do not have a 3rd bed so they would need to bring in a rollaway bed. We have 2 rooms on the 6th floor so these rooms would be closer together but will it be worth having a rollaway bed. Has anyone had to use a rollaway bed in inside room? And if so is there really enough room for the rollaway bed? Any opinions on this would really help, I don't know wether or not to tell my TA to just keep the 1st floor rooms with the pull down bed or take the 7th floor rooms with the rollaways. Thanks everyone!!!

Rebecca

No, there is not adequate room for a rollaway bed.. but they will tell you that it will fit just fine... don't believe them. If you take that room you won't be able to walk around at all with the bed in the middle of the walkway. We had this same issue where we got upgraded and they wanted to bring in a rollaway bed for the 3rd person... so we complained because there was absolutely no room for it, and they had to find a nice couple that was in a room that held 3 people that was willing to switch with us after we had boarded the ship.

A rollaway bed will really crowd a cabin. The pull down economizes the space. If Carnival would like you to move to accommodate others, why not ask if they'd upgrade you to OUTSIDE cabins so the other pax can have what they want?

Couldn't hurt to ask. If you like where you are don't move and be crowded so others will be more comfortable.

A rollaway bed will really crowd a cabin. The pull down economizes the space. If Carnival would like you to move to accommodate others, why not ask if they'd upgrade you to OUTSIDE cabins so the other pax can have what they want?

Couldn't hurt to ask. If you like where you are don't move and be crowded so others will be more comfortable.

I noticed you are 7/6 liberty cruise ..Me too , what is your sail date?

Thanks for the responses. I told them I didn't want the rollaways and they responed back today that they would upgrade the rooms to oceanview rooms that have the pullout couches and upper pull down beds. Glad I didn't take the rollaway beds. Now we have oceanview instead of inside rooms. Thanks again, I thought it would be too crowded but I wanted to be sure.

Rebecca

Archived