MDR Menus Same Across CCL Ships

RobinKY

I went on Carnival Sensation last Dec-Jan and really liked CCL and the doldrums of winter made me book another cruise this April. We are going on Elation. I believe Sensation-Elation are same class of ships. I think I read a thread of people talking about the food on the Elation. It seemed the MDR dinner entrées were the same that were served on the Sensation.

So can I expect the same MDR entrees on my upcoming cruise.

The menus will be similar. It's funny. People always say oh its the same menu. If its a 3,4, 5, 7 sailing makes a difference. And yes, now they are rolling out the American menu and they announced today a new room service menu. One of my fav items is the Grecque chicken. Some ships it's a first night item, some 3rd and some not served.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by arpie05

I had a question, ( I made a thread that hasn't been responded to so sorry if it's reasking ) but I was reading that they are now charging for the lobster and some other items in the MDR. Is that per plate? and for the other items in the MDR is it charged as well or still free? and are people being charged for more then one item?... Sorry for all the questions just I feel so out of the loop. and what is the american menu...

Edited by Rainbowfalls

I had a question, ( I made a thread that hasn't been responded to so sorry if it's reasking ) but I was reading that they are now charging for the lobster and some other items in the MDR. Is that per plate? and for the other items in the MDR is it charged as well or still free? and are people being charged for more then one item?... Sorry for all the questions just I feel so out of the loop. and what is the american menu...

All the food in the MDR is free except if you want a giant lobster or specialty steak. You can order multiple things if you'd like as well.

All the food in the MDR is free except if you want a giant lobster or specialty steak. You can order multiple things if you'd like as well.

Adding on....

On the menu the upcharge items are clearly marked. It rotates nightly. Steaks, lobster, lamb, surf n turf.

Sensation was my first CCL cruise. Have done two RC b4. I was thoroughly impressed with the food on Sensation. I am a basic meat and potatoes guy, not a foodie. With the exception of a rubbery steak the first night, all the food in the MDR was outstanding. I did order the steak again later in the cruise and was good. Loved breakfast in the MDR as well. Didn't even touch the breakfast buffet any day.