baby on board, 6 months minus 1 day

tbag124

we have a family thinking about joining us on May 3. however their baby was born November 4. making him 1 day shy of 6 months. DCL will say its a no go right?

Correct.

From the Terms & Conditions that you agree to when you book a cruise:

on sailings commencing in 2015 and beyond, the minimum age to sail aboard Disney Cruise Line ships is 6 months of age on most itineraries, and the minimum age for Transatlantic, Hawaii, and Panama Canal itineraries is 1 year of age.

I would email Disney to verify in writing if the child is eligible (I agree with the previous posters that it depends on whether they are require 6 calendar months or 180 days). But I wouldn't show up at the port unless I had it in writing that Disney knew about the exact situation and told you in writing that they would allow a child this age to board. I'd print a copy of the email and bring it with me on the cruise, so there is no way Disney can deny responsibility if you are given incorrect information from an agent (incorrect info from phone reps is quite common on other lines - I don't know about Disney, but I wouldn't take the chance).

Edited by kitkat343

I agree to check with Disney.. That said, when you book you have to give the names and DOB of every traveler, so if they accept the booking it will be on DCL if they turn the cruisers away at the port. DCL can't legally accept a booking knowing they are unable to accommodate it (of course extenuating circumstances would be an exception, but these would not be a Force Majeure situation) and DCL would be responsible for making the passengers whole, including air fares and such.

Edited by ducklite