In a suite/haven, but travelling with others who aren't

klepton

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I apparently am not using the correct terms to search. I've found the question asked, but not answered.

I currently have two cruises booked with NCL (Deluxe Owner's Suite on POA and H6 on the Breakaway). In both cases, we'll be travelling with family who are not booked in suites/haven. I would imagine that these guests won't have access to the haven on Breakaway, wouldn't get VIP boarding (not same reservation), etc. But are there other things we can do, such as:

1) Have them as guests in our suite for in-room dining? Could our butler bring enough food for everyone?

2) Get them into Cagney's (or whatever restaurant is available for suite/haven guests for breakfast/lunch)?

3) Get them into reserved seating sections in the theater?

I know in the past we've sailed with others who were in a penthouse, and they got us (and others) into Cagneys for breakfast and for reserved show seating. That was 6 years ago though, so not sure if that's still an option.

Also, not sure if this matters, but on the POA my brother and his family are in a deluxe penthouse, and my parents are in a D1 that connects to their cabin. Not sure if having connecting cabins makes a difference.

Thanks!

On the Getaway last month, we had a Haven suite and an adjoining balcony cabin. Because there was a door between and because both cabins were on my credit card, the concierge added our balcony family to the Haven list.

This is a great question. My husband, child and I are on a Gem cruise next March in a 2-br penthouse. My mother is in the adjoining mini suite. Will she be able to check in with us and get on the ship with us since we have priority boarding? I am getting various answers on this.

Thanks!

The answers to your questions:

1, yes but do take care of your butler for that, it is beyond his services.

2, no

3, no

I would hope these are the answers. Otherwise someone booked into an inside or studio would have free suite/haven benefits.

This is a great question. My husband, child and I are on a Gem cruise next March in a 2-br penthouse. My mother is in the adjoining mini suite. Will she be able to check in with us and get on the ship with us since we have priority boarding? I am getting various answers on this.

Thanks!

Remember that you can always wait with and board the ship with your mom and not use the suite's priority boarding.

Boarding is not a big deal - it really does not put others out. Some of the other perks are a different thing.

I don't know how NCL does it, but on Carnival it holds up the check in line because general boarding and platinum boarding room keys are in 2 locations.

On the Getaway last month, we had a Haven suite and an adjoining balcony cabin. Because there was a door between and because both cabins were on my credit card, the concierge added our balcony family to the Haven list.

Were there any adults listed in the other cabin?

I have the same question. If it were minor kids of those staying in the suite I could definitely see this. If it was adults, that would mean I'd make sure to keep my parents and brother on the same credit card.

No.3

Twice whilst walking towards the theatre and Cirque show passengers 'joined' our priority seating group mid journey to the venue on the Epic a few years ago.

It was clear this had been pre arranged because those who have travelled on the Epic know that the last part to the theatre was via a staff entrance and they knew were to meet us. To be honest I'm not sure other Haven passengers were bothered, we all got the seats we wanted.

There is the possibility they were Haven guests but I believe they were meeting friends who were traveling in normal cabins.