Booking 3 and 4 berths

Suebiker

Hi

We are looking to book a cruise next Easter Holidays, and were wondering whether we need to book as soon as bookings open or could we wait a few weeks until we sail. We would then be able to get extra onboard credit.

I believe if you want a 2 berth cabin it is not a problem but 3 and 4 berths do sell out quicker. Has anyone got any experience of booking for a 3/4 berth cabin for Easter. How soon do you book. Also does anyone have a rough idea of the % of the full price I would expect to pay at Easter for a child.

Many thanks

Sue

Sorry not exactly what you need to know but my daughter is 21 so not child price, when I added her to our cabin she's paid exactly half what we are paying each. She got no on board credit as that's for passenger 1&2 only. ....& she's already told her poor dad he's having the top bunk and will help spend our rather generous obc!! [emoji38]

So I presume its 50%, not sure how much for children though.

We originally booked just for myself & husband but in a cabin with upper Pullmans just incase she changed her mind, I was told that it was no problem to add her later providing the passenger numbers would allow it, even though the cabin bed was available, so I guess it depends on how popular the cruise is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by caroline135

Hi

We are looking to book a cruise next Easter Holidays, and were wondering whether we need to book as soon as bookings open or could we wait a few weeks until we sail. We would then be able to get extra onboard credit.

I believe if you want a 2 berth cabin it is not a problem but 3 and 4 berths do sell out quicker. Has anyone got any experience of booking for a 3/4 berth cabin for Easter. How soon do you book. Also does anyone have a rough idea of the % of the full price I would expect to pay at Easter for a child.

Many thanks

Sue

I would say you would be very lucky to get a cabin you wanted late when you need a 3/4 berth also there is the position of the children's age groups being filled up.

Sorry not exactly what you need to know but my daughter is 21 so not child price, when I added her to our cabin she's paid exactly half what we are paying each. She got no on board credit as that's for passenger 1&2 only. ....& she's already told her poor dad he's having the top bunk and will help spend our rather generous obc!! [emoji38]

So I presume its 50%, not sure how much for children though.

We originally booked just for myself & husband but in a cabin with upper Pullmans just incase she changed her mind, I was told that it was no problem to add her later providing the passenger numbers would allow it, even though the cabin bed was available, so I guess it depends on how popular the

Can I ask whether that was for a booking in term time or school holidays? I was expecting more than 50% tbh. would be very happy if it's only 50% during school holidays.

Thanks

Sue

I would say you would be very lucky to get a cabin you wanted late when you need a 3/4 berth also there is the position of the children's age groups being filled up.

Sorry - you have misunderstood - I meant we are sailing in 2 weeks time and I was thinking of booking onboard then . So in other words, just over a week after the cruise we want to book for 2016 goes on general sale. Just wondering if we need to pre register, or whether we should wait til we are onboard in 2 weeks time? Therefore we would get extra onboard credit. A travel agent told me that all the 3/4 berth will sell out quickly. But i'm not sure if they are just trying to persuade me to book now! I wouldn't have thought that they would all sell out in a week . But I have never booked in the school holidays before .

Many thanks

Sue

P.s - I have tried to edit my original post so it makes more sense , but unfortunately it won't let me!!!!!!

Edited by Suebiker

It's 31st August for 12 nights so not all in the holidays. Can you try a dummy booking for this July/August just to see if you can get an idea of the pricing formula for the child places? I'd be tempted to wait the two weeks for the extra obc but it really depends how important it is to you or how flexible you are I suppose. I'm no expert, this is only our second cruise so not my area of expertise ( although I've read this forum regularly ! ) there's some great help & info available from the people on here so hopefully someone will know more than me!

I think that there will not be a significantly different number of three/four berth cabins available as a result of being sold in such a short period of time. You are talking about being sold out about twelve months ahead of sail date. The additional OBC looks a good idea to me.

Regards John

Sorry - you have misunderstood - I meant we are sailing in 2 weeks time and I was thinking of booking onboard then . So in other words, just over a week after the cruise we want to book for 2016 goes on general sale. Just wondering if we need to pre register, or whether we should wait til we are onboard in 2 weeks time? Therefore we would get extra onboard credit. A travel agent told me that all the 3/4 berth will sell out quickly. But i'm not sure if they are just trying to persuade me to book now! I wouldn't have thought that they would all sell out in a week . But I have never booked in the school holidays before .

Many thanks

Sue

P.s - I have tried to edit my original post so it makes more sense , but unfortunately it won't let me!!!!!!

In that case Sue, forget my drivel and book on board you will still get the deals you will book before the end of May and I think you will get some extra OBC for booking on a cruise. :) :) :)

We booked our May 2015 cruise only a few weeks ago (Feb 2015) and got a 3 berth cabin with double OBC of £820.

Was this cruise booked for a term time cruise or a school holiday.

Sue

Edited by Suebiker

Can I ask whether that was for a booking in term time or school holidays? I was expecting more than 50% tbh. would be very happy if it's only 50% during school holidays.

Thanks

Sue

Summer holidays is 80% for child places, maybe Easter will be a bit less.

We sail on Thursday 28th May which is towards the end of a school half term holiday week.

What bike do you ride Sue?

Ok Thanks - we have just booked a deal going out next year on a select fare which works out at £400 more that I paid for an early saver last year - so given that this cruise is in school holidays and the other one wasn't I'm very happy with that.

Sounds like you've had a great deal. Don't think I could risk waiting til last minute to book with it being school holidays.

Sue

P.s - My current bike is a Yamaha MT07