Buying Liquor

hac82

We will be heading to Costa Maya later this year and was wondering where the best locations are for buying liquor. We know that in the Eastern Caribbean, St Maarten usually cannot be beat for prices, but we were wondering if there are good prices here as well. One item I would be looking for is Courvoisier XO. When I get it in St Maarten, it is usually 1/2 the price I would buy it back home. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by hac82

Cruise port would probably have the better selection of brands. There's a Tequila Museum, or Tequila Factory, place just outside the cruise port next tot the pharmacia, they could have selections other than tequila. There could be another store in the area right out side the port gates too, There's a ton of development coming and and places coming and going all the time. In Mahahual , you'll find a small grocery store with some limited liquor and beer available. It's on the street on block off the beach/malecon about half way down the malecon.

If you'r going to Costa Maya, you'll probably be going to Cozumel too. In Cozumell there's a large liquor store, Covi, on the south end of downtown and there are 2 large groceries, Mega mart and Chedurai, that sell liquor too.

Cruise port would probably have the better selection of brands. There's a Tequila Museum, or Tequila Factory, place just outside the cruise port next tot the pharmacia, they could have selections other than tequila. There could be another store in the area right out side the port gates too, There's a ton of development coming and and places coming and going all the time. In Mahahual , you'll find a small grocery store with some limited liquor and beer available. It's on the street on block off the beach/malecon about half way down the malecon.

If you'r going to Costa Maya, you'll probably be going to Cozumel too. In Cozumell there's a large liquor store, Covi, on the south end of downtown and there are 2 large groceries, Mega mart and Chedurai, that sell liquor too.

I saw the name Mega in some other posts. I think I may be heading there. Covi was also listed for my Cozumel post as well. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I would look at the prices first on the duty free store just at end of cruise ship port before I walked 5 minutes to MEGA store, then you can compare prices. Sometimes the duty free store has amazing deals if you buy multiple items, if just one bottle MEGA may be better