carnival journey's

Hi

We have been looking into the new Carnival Journey cruises. And just wondering if other cruisers are having the same idea. So far the Carnival Vista has peak our interest . Just looking for others thoughts on this new program. Happy cruising.

JUST LOVE CRUISING:D

kruise kat:)

• 11 months later...

We did the 10 day and the 11 day ones on the Glory. Loved the different itineraries. There is one throwback sea day where they have activities from the 80's...the horse races were a blast, no clue why they don't still do them. The Formal Night was nice.

To be honest, I was disappointed in our Journey's cruises. I thought there would be more entertainment from the advertising but that was not the case. That probably had a lot to do with the CD we had. He was not good at all and planned little activities.

I've been on four Journeys cruises and am leaving next week n number five. While the cruise director has certainly made a difference, I've been thinking of all the extra things I have gotten to do on these Journeys cruises:

Frog races in the pool

Horse races

Academy of Fun lectures (5 of them)

Ballroom dancing lessons

Presentations from local chefs

Local music from the ports on the ship

Captain's Cocktail Party

Midnight Gala Buffet

Exclusive excursions

Throwback Elegant Night

The Journeys show with the passengers singing and dancing

Extra fly-on entertainers (magicians, hypnotist a, singers, a cowboy, etc)

New ports

Longer cruises

Local eats in the MDR

The throwback menu in the MDR on throwback sea day

'80's movies shown on the big screen

Plus all the regular Carnival activities.

I have found lots and lots of things to keep me entertained, and I hope that Carnival continues to offer these Journeys cruises in the future.

I've been on four Journeys cruises and am leaving next week n number five. While the cruise director has certainly made a difference, I've been thinking of all the extra things I have gotten to do on these Journeys cruises:

Frog races in the pool

Horse races

Academy of Fun lectures (5 of them)

Ballroom dancing lessons

Presentations from local chefs

Local music from the ports on the ship

Captain's Cocktail Party

Midnight Gala Buffet

Exclusive excursions

Throwback Elegant Night

The Journeys show with the passengers singing and dancing

Extra fly-on entertainers (magicians, hypnotist a, singers, a cowboy, etc)

New ports

Longer cruises

Local eats in the MDR

The throwback menu in the MDR on throwback sea day

'80's movies shown on the big screen

Plus all the regular Carnival activities.

I have found lots and lots of things to keep me entertained, and I hope that Carnival continues to offer these Journeys cruises in the future.

I agree with you! We did the B2B Journey cruises on the Pride and had a great trip. We also did the 14 night repositioning in March 2015 before Journey cruises were announced. It was also a wonderful cruise (and reminded us why we love Carnival). I am hoping that Carnival will keep scheduling these longer, "different", unique cruises.

We did the Pride Journeys cruise from 3/13-3/27 and TOTALLY enjoyed it. Went to a bunch of islands we had never been to. When we booked this cruise we did not even realize it was a Journeys cruise and now they are very popular. We did the Baltimore RT and I have been researching other Journeys cruises, but they all seem to be "repo" cruises now. The one we would love to do is Pride 2/27/17, but it goes from Tampa to Baltimore and the added expenses are just not an option for us right now. I hope they start to offer RT Journeys cruises in the future. :confused:

I would love to go on a Journeys cruise someday, but so far the timing of them hasn't worked out for me. I'm also limited in that I would have to take one of the shorter, 9-day ones as getting two solid straight weeks off from work is difficult for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did the 14 day on the Pride (review is in my signature) and LOVED it! If they continue to offer the Journeys cruises and do them round trip we will book them in the future, when we can get enough time off. Next year we wouldn't be able to, but fall 2018 I would love to do another!

We did the Mexican Riviera one. Don't think they'll repeat it:(. 700+ Platinums and Diamonds. Shops and photogs weren't busy at all.

We did one of the first Journey type cruises which was a repositioning cruise.

Would love to do another but prefer a closed loop so we can drive to the port.

Hawaii out of Long Beach.