New Cruiser! Summit to Bermuda in August

Iamamom23angels

Hi all! My husband and I are looking into a family cruise for August. The Celebrity Summit to Bermuda from NY works best for our schedule. We are traveling with our 3 daughters 9, 13 and 16. Will there be enough to occupy them, and what locations on the ship are best for booking inside cabins (side by side)? They just dropped the price to $599 pp for the week we plan to travel. Is that a good price or is it likely to drop further? Any and all suggestions or helpful hints would be appreciated; Thanks!

That's the lowest price I've personally ever seen for August on the Summit...for about 6 years now.

Summit is definitely kid friendly. They Fun Factory does an awesome job w/ the kids. So much so that EVERY morning the kids were begging to go there and hated being picked up in the evening.

Bermuda is very safe we had no problems letting our older teenagers (15, 14, 12) venture around the dockyard together on their own while we we're @ The Frog & Onion Pub.

Hi all! My husband and I are looking into a family cruise for August. The Celebrity Summit to Bermuda from NY works best for our schedule. We are traveling with our 3 daughters 9, 13 and 16. Will there be enough to occupy them, and what locations on the ship are best for booking inside cabins (side by side)? They just dropped the price to $599 pp for the week we plan to travel. Is that a good price or is it likely to drop further? Any and all suggestions or helpful hints would be appreciated; Thanks!

That's a good price, would doubt it would drop more. I am heading there on the Summit in May and have been there many times. There is plenty to do in Bermuda, beaches, shopping and historic sites. We took our kids a couple of times when they were young and they loved it, snorkeled, parasailing. Lots of activities on the ship and there will be loads of kids in August. Your kids will love it.

We like Bermuda and it's a great port. One word of warning though. You are going in the heart of Hurricane season and in the last few years, Bermuda has had a target on its back. Just something to keep in mind. Hope you have a great time on your cruise!!

Cheers, Kenn

That's a great price.

But as you want cabins close to each other, better book soon to ensure the possibility.

I had an inside last summer to Bermuda for $449 pp, but that wasn't available until 3 weeks prior to sailing.

We tried going to Bermuda a couple of years ago during the first week of September.

Sadly, a hurricane prevented us from actually getting there, and we ended up in Florida (ugh) and the Bahamas (ugh) instead.

We are trying it again - in May this time :)

The only way we will cruise (from the East coast) in Aug/Sept would be if it was a last minute very cheap cruise and we just wanted to get away, and planned on just staying on the ship during port time.

Edited by DinaS

That's a great price.

But as you want cabins close to each other, better book soon to ensure the possibility.

I had an inside last summer to Bermuda for $449 pp, but that wasn't available until 3 weeks prior to sailing.

Some cruises even went down to $399 pp inside cabins for May and June sailings last year.

Always thought July and August were peak season for Bermuda cruises, but many not because of hurricanes?

• 4 weeks later...

Hurricane season is from June 1- December 1. Peak season is from August 15- September 15. The cruise lines will go elsewhere if a hurricane is threatening an island they are planning to go too. Remember sick passengers don't spend money! So it's in their best interest. Plus they do not want to risk the ship.

Summit is an absolutely beautiful ship, and Bermuda is my favorite port. As long as you are ready for a last-minute itinerary if a hurricane threatens, you'll be fine. I did have a friend whose cruise was changed to Canada once because of a hurricane. If that's the case, pack a jacket (she didn't) and just go with the flow! Look into the Family Oceanview, if you don't mind sharing a cabin with your girls. I believe it has two separate sleeping areas and a HUGE balcony. Not sure how the cost would compare, but it's worth looking into!

My daughter was 6 last Summit cruise and loved it. We will be back this August, the 23rd to be exact. She is know 8 and cannot wait! This time she will be joined by her cousins ranging from 6-13.

Our daughter loves the kids club. There were sea days she would want to stay when we would pick her up b