Do I need a car seat?

naagnel55

We are on the Epic in August for the Western Mediterranean 7 day cruise. Other than getting to and from the airport from home, do we need to bring a car seat? I can't imagine they'd be able to go on the tour buses and I heard they may not fit in cabs? We are traveling with a 1 year old and while I'd prefer for her to be in a car seat and its safer, not sure what the reality is in Europe with cabs, tour buses, train, etc.

We used car seats in every Med port we visited without issue. Some (if not all) require them. All the cabs had seat belts. If you're using big bus tours (which I would highly discourage with a child) or public transportation you won't need one, but how would you get to/from the airport once you're in Europe? Better to bring it. We used private tours (which were great because they're flexible, we could bring all the kid stuff without issue, didn't have to worry about crabby child bothering other passengers, and it was often cheaper for our family than paying the per person charge on the big busses). The car seats always fit in the taxis and small vans the private tours used.

Best,

Mia

I'd be surprised if any western European countries allow taxis without rear seat belts. UK buses would certainly have seat belts as well, and so I suspect would European ones.

Taxis know about children. If you pre-book one, a child seat can be arranged.