LeBistro Platinum Perk question

mbisson

Saw a post on a different board that one of the changes FDR has instituted is the Le Bistro Perk is now, 1 dinner for two per cabin instead of a dinner for 2 per Platinum person. Anyone know if this is accurate or not?

Not a big deal, just wondering since we sail in a few weeks. Thanks

Up until 2 weeks ago for us on the Breakaway, and the M&G that followed us, the existing perks are still unchanged, dinner for 2 on 2 nights w. 2 vouchers, 2 bottles of house wine, 2 laundry and 1 Godvia boxed Lite and 1 eco-friendly 4 chocolate covered strawberries, 1 bottles of bubbles per cabin only.

In a few weeks, that's the unknown with the way things going, I will be misleading to even try to say ying or yang.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk

Edited by mking8288

Monte -- We just got off the Star yesterday and had two certs (one for each of us) but we booked one night in Le Bistro and couldn't get the second due to no available tables for the remainder of the week. Moderno was also booked up, so we had to settle for La Cucina.

Book as soon as you board if you can. I think this promo thing is exceeding the capacity on some ships. The Moderno on the Star has room for 40 people and it takes up the extra room they used to have at Cagney's.

We had a similar problem on the Getaway on the first trip out of Miami. Couldn't get into Le Bistro at all and used the certs for two nights in Moderno.

Have a good one !!!!!!

Edited by swedish weave

Monte -- We just got off the Star yesterday and had two certs (one for each of us) but we booked one night in Le Bistro and couldn't get the second due to no available tables for the remainder of the week. Moderno was also booked up, so we had to settle for La Cucina.

Book as soon as you board if you can. I think this promo thing is exceeding the capacity on some ships. The Moderno on the Star has room for 40 people and it takes up the extra room they used to have at Cagney's.

We had a similar problem on the Getaway on the first trip out of Miami. Couldn't get into Le Bistro at all and used the certs for two nights in Moderno.

Have a good one !!!!!!

We had the same issue on the Getaway 3/21-28 .. Ended up tossing one cert ( minus the wine ) .. ;)

Monte, I sail April 26th will let you know if anything has changed by then.

We did have the same problem with LeBistro on our last trip being booked the last two days but the Concierge worked it out for us. I would suggest either booking it for early in the week, or booking early for later in the week

Problem we run into is the certificates(minus the wine)are useless to us with the UDP.

Hope it doesn't change. Those dinners are a nice perk. On a side note, everyone seems to attribute all the changes to FDR. If he's making all these decisions what's Andy Stuart's role. Just wondering.

I want to thank EVERYONE, especially those who have sailed recently :)

I think when we board we'll make reservations for sometime in the first couple days and then again for day 9 :)

That verbage has been on the NCL European website since December 19th, and people who booked and sailed from European countries have not yet experienced having only one voucher per cabin... No one has reported that they only received one when entitled to two...

Up until 2 weeks ago for us on the Breakaway, and the M&G that followed us, the existing perks are still unchanged, dinner for 2 on 2 nights w. 2 vouchers, 2 bottles of house wine, 2 laundry and 1 Godvia boxed Lite and 1 eco-friendly 4 chocolate covered strawberries, 1 bottles of bubbles per cabin only.

In a few weeks, that's the unknown with the way things going, I will be misleading to even try to say ying or yang.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk

This post is...

I'm also on the Breakaway next month...

Someone said house wine.... :mad:

They cut the complimentary wine list??? :eek:

Our LeBistro server presented us - 2 weeks ago - with the wine list and there're choices for white & red, etc. - we took our *click for pix* (2https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150328PLWINE.jpg[/img]"]) bottles of Meridian (champagne was in our stateroom @embarkation) - 1 each evening while we dined. One of our nephews "disposed" of them when we re-gifted it.

These are "house" wine quality given their local store prices (without corkage fee if BYO or markup onboard) ... nothing premium about it, IMO.

Nowadays, nothing is taken for granted & assumed - BA is a nice ship, reviews are subjective and food even more personal & subjective. Enjoy the sailing next month and be surprised, don't sweat it.

Edited by mking8288

Question. If you are sailing solo on a non solo cabin as a Platimum member, since you paid double, do you get to eat dinner at Le Bistro on 2 separate nights?

I think it might be possible, but not because you have paid twice.

Your certificate is for a dinner for two with a bottle of wine. Just speak to the maitre d'. I myself and I know of others, have been able to enjoy the specialty twice with the CAS comp dinner for two. They have some sort of system in place to do this so I cannot see any reason why this could not be done for Platinum guests as well.

You will never know until you ask.

Rochelle

Previously, we had been able to invite our guest (BIL/SIL who are curently still Gold) to join us one evening for comp'd dinner at LeBistro, and took 2 bottles of wine at 1 seating, drank but keep one bottle unopened.

This was DW's dining certificate and previously, I didn't keep a record of the older voucher nor recall the wordings on it - about transferring. This one said you cannot split that into 2 nights so having a guest if you sail solo would be okay. Could always try & ask ...

question. If you are sailing solo on a non solo cabin as a platimum member, since you paid double, do you get to eat dinner at le bistro on 2 separate nights?

i am platinum solo and as soon as i get on board, i book 2 nights at bistro , i only get one bottle of wine. Works out real nice .