Best things to do in St. Thomas???

If you want a scheduled excursion, I'd recommend doing a trip to St. John. The Catamaran Champagne Sail is a good one, if you like the water.

If you just want to bum around on your own, you can do the Paradise Point Tram up to the top of the hill overlooking the port and town of Charlotte Amalie.

The downtown area of Charlotte Amalie is also great for shopping, wandering and eating. It has a bustling waterfront area and cute little shopping alleyways.

You might also want to take a scenic island tour with views of Magen's Bay from Mountaintop, and the port as well.

Would older teens like the vhampagne cat excursion too?

Yes! We had a lot of fun on that sailboat. We like to party a bit and it was a lot of fun for us. The snorkeling and swimming to the beach were fun and adventurous. Plenty of relaxing, but also a bit fun rolled up into one really great day!!

The Champagne Catamaran Sail has been around for a very long times so over the years we've taken it MANY times and it has never disappointed. :)

Options to suit most depending on what you want to do. It's an absolutely lovely sail. Once anchored, people can snorkel or take the dinghy to the beach or simply stay on the cat. Yes, there are always some shady spots on the cat. Also, toilet facilities.

Our last time, we were tired so just stayed on and enjoyed chatting with others doing the same.

It is in no way a wild and crazy party boat -- just lots of FUN! :D

LuLu

We like Coral World. By no means can it be compared with a big aquarium that you might have visited at home, but it does have a number of interesting creatures and displays, including an underwater area with windows all around. There is also a semi-submersible nearby. Either or both can be booked as a ship excursion, or independently.

I was thinking of doing the Champagne Cat but I am not a snorkeler or a strong swimmer. Do they provide life jackets or other floatations devices so i would be more comfortable in the water?I also read that you can get a sea itch rash from swimming in the ocean. Is that very common? Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just be aware that during the winter months the beach can be almost nonexistent due to the current and high water so a dinghy to the beach may not be an option that time of year.

Lifejackets are always provided, and we've never had a problem with a rash or read of that

We've almost always taken the Champagne Catamaran in the Jan/Feb time frame. The water has been calm where we anchored in a sheltered cove and the little dinghy made trips back and forth the entire time we were there. :)

Yes, there are life vests.

We've never had a problem there or elsewhere with a sea rash BUT it's always a good idea to shower and wash bathing suits after swimming in the ocean.

LuLu

CA is the town and a major duty free shopping destination for jewelry, watches, alcohol, and trinkets. Full of historic areas and the alleys are fun to explore.

$4 - 5pp taxi each way, or a 1.5 mile leisurely walk from the Havensight dock, not sure where you're docked.

LuLu I was thinking they moor off Honeymoon Beach in Caneel Bay if I remember and we've seen that beach covered with water in winter months and weren't able to go there. Perhaps I have the wrong beach? There was also a very strong current and snorkeling was extremely difficult. That was probably a bigger swell than normal too.