Need help from Breeze Cove Experts please!!!

Cruznjuly

Hi all,

I have read the 500 posts on Breeze Cove balconies, and now I am just plain confused.

Most information I find seems to come from the Dream, which I assume is the same but I need some help!

My husband does not want to book a cove, so I want to get it right! He is afraid of the noise from above. (We have stayed behind elevators before on the Miracle, (6279) and found that noise to be quite minimal – so I don't foresee elevators being an issue here either?)

We'll be on the BREEZE!!

So, we have narrowed it down to these available cabins.

If you have an awesome cabin, and it is not listed, that means it is not available.

Also, I have already deleted cabins with bad reviews from my list!

PLEASE Help!!!!

Any bad/good choices here? Looking for quiet, as that's his main concern.

Thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2392 is out for sure. It is below the galley, which is a gamble. Some rooms below the galley are fine, some are an absolute horrendous nightmare.

The most perfect location on any ship is underneath the dining room. The dining room is empty all night long. Even when it's being used, you can't hear much of anything, if anything, because of the carpeting, and people are not stomping around up there. So for the rooms you have listed there, you should go with either 2317 or 2353. I was below the dining room on Breeze in a cove. It was totally perfect. I have been under the dining room on other ships, and that was also totally perfect. Cannot get any better!

Being below guest services is usually okay, below the shore excursions desk would be even better (2254). But if you go to sleep early, you might get some atrium music coming through the ceiling, although I don't hear too many complaints of that. Still, below the dining room is better than anything else, and those will put you closer to midship, which means less motion.

I loved our cove, and I think that coves are easily the best balconies on any ship, and most definitely the best balconies on this ship.

Edited by k2excursion

Its not on your list but I have stayed (and rebooked) in 2275 - reasoning being that its at the front (convenient as they have the most elevators up there) and its under guest services so there is very little overhead noise. I think that any of the ones up there would be good.

We were in 2258 this past Thanksgiving and loved it! Easy access to everywhere, elevators nearby wasn't a problem and being below Guest Services was nice and quiet. There are lifeboats up above your balcony, but we didn't mind them. One thing to keep in mind is that there will be some spray on your balcony, so items hung over a chair won't get completely dry. We loved being so close to the ocean! Saw flying fish a couple times.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by momonthego17

We'll be on the BREEZE!!

So, we have narrowed it down to these available cabins.

If you have an awesome cabin, and it is not listed, that means it is not available.

Also, I have already deleted cabins with bad reviews from my list!

PLEASE Help!!!!

Any bad/good choices here? Looking for quiet, as that's his main concern.

Thank you so much!!

I am no expert but I have done a lot of research on this as well. What follows is MY opinion.

1. You do not want to be under the galley so that rules out:

2326-2414 on the Port Side and 2353-2441 on the Starboard Side

2326-2334 and 2353-2361 being the border and a bit of a gray area

2. I personally do not want to be forward on the ship because that means more motion. I also do not want to be anywhere near the theater, dance floor, or bar. So that rules out:

2248-2284 Port and 2273-2309 Starboard

3. The follow cabins are under the Sapphire dining room mid-ship and I consider them to the be the "sweet spot" of the cove balconies. They are:

2288-2322 Port Side and 2315-2349 Starboard

I prefer to be on port side so I would choose in that range.

However, looking at your list I see only one clear winner and it is starboard:

Edited by NightOne
  • Like 1

I am no expert but I have done a lot of research on this as well. What follows is MY opinion.

1. You do not want to be under the galley so that rules out:

2326-2414 on the Port Side and 2353-2441 on the Starboard Side

2. I personally do not want to be forward on the ship because that means more motion. I also do not want to be anywhere near the theater, dance floor, or bar. So that rules out:

2248-2284 Port and 2273-2309 Starboard

3. The follow cabins are under the Sapphire dining room mid-ship and I consider them to the be the "sweet spot" of the cove balconies. They are:

2288-2322 Port Side and 2315-2349 Starboard

I prefer to be on port side so I would choose in that range.

However, looking at your list I see only one clear winner and it is starboard:

Thank you for the details!!

2306 is now opened up, as is 2333... I read somewhere (that I can't find now) that 2333 was very noisy... Leading me to believe 2306 is noisy too?

So it sounds like

Choice 1- 2317

Choice 2- 2254

Choice 3- 2258

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I must get this right or risk never cruising again. Haha

Thank you everyone!![emoji4]

2306 is now opened up, as is 2333... I read somewhere (that I can't find now) that 2333 was very noisy... Leading me to believe 2306 is noisy too?

There has been some misinformation on this thread for you, and whoever was saying that 2333 was noisy has got to be mistaken. 2433 would be noisy, because it's below the galley. 2333 is below the dining room, as is 2306, so those are both excellent options. I hold firm to my belief that below the dining room is absolutely the most perfect location on any ship. Totally empty all night long, so there is no chance of any noise while you're sleeping. And the carpeting blocks almost all the noise (if not all) when it's in use. During the waiters dancing time, there could be some noise that comes through, but that's only a couple minutes around 7:00 & 9:00. Other than that, nobody is stomping or crashing around in the dining room. I have never been below guest services, and I don't doubt that it's almost always a good spot, but I have to believe that below the dining room is a safer bet, just because it's totally empty all night.

Regarding where the galley begins, that information given earlier is slightly incorrect. The galley begins at rooms 2338 (port) & 2365 (starboard). 2353 is most definitely below the dining room, and it is the most midship, making it an excellent choice. My winner is 2317, because I like being halfway between elevators, reducing foot traffic outside my door. I had room 2294, which is 1 door down from 2317 on the other side of the ship, and it was so totally perfect & totally silent. That room is also only 3 doors down from 2306, so I believe 2306 to be an excellent choice.

Port side vs starboard side in regards to people watching in port. It doesn't seem to matter. It's about 50/50 as to whether port side or starboard side will face the land when docked. I have had cruises where every port had starboard side facing the land. If this matters at all to you, research this ship & those specific ports to see how they usually dock at those. I picked starboard side for the Dream because I found out that the Dream had starboard side facing the land at all 3 of those specific ports when they did that itinerary in the past. Other ships may do those 3 ports the other way, but the Dream seemed to hold true to starboard side at those 3.

Edited by k2excursion

being forward in 2275 I didn't notice any excessive movement - its a big ship!! also there was no noise from the theatre that I heard from the room. A few people were noisy in the corridor but I don't think that can be avoided unless you taser them but I think Carnival will frown upon that.

The Breeze cruise we did had 4 ports - we were dockside on 2 of them so that doesn't factor into the equation.

I think that as long as you aren't under the galley then you have made a good choice!

BTW, anyone know how 2309 is on the Dream?

It looks like a good location to me. It's not a big deal that it's not on port side.

I was in 2309 on the Breeze (same layout) and it was an awesome location. Quiet, and also, it was between the gap in the life boats, so a better all around view...

So modifications:

1. 2317

2. 2306

3. 2333

4. 2554

5. 2558

Sounds like top 3 are below dining room, which sounds like the best bet....

Wish I could find the bad review on 2333... It's on my list with a big NO. Lol

Thank you everyone!

For my upcoming Dream cruise I am booked in 2302 which is the room next to 2306 so I think that is an awesome location and will be great. Where did you read 2306 is too noisy because that does not sound right. :)

You must be booking for 3 or 4 in the cabin because all the rooms you give have that option.

For my upcoming Dream cruise I am booked in 2302 which is the room next to 2306 so I think that is an awesome location and will be great. Where did you read 2306 is too noisy because that does not sound right. :)

You must be booking for 3 or 4 in the cabin because all the rooms you give have that option.

Yes we are looking for a cabin for 4. [emoji4]

I didn't hear that 2306 is noisy.. I read that 2333 is noisy, so I assumed 2306 is also. I am searching for the source of that info- better take more thorough notes next time. A "NO!" isn't sufficient in this case.

Yes we are looking for a cabin for 4. [emoji4]

I didn't hear that 2306 is noisy.. I read that 2333 is noisy, so I assumed 2306 is also. I am searching for the source of that info- better take more thorough notes next time. A "NO!" isn't sufficient in this case.

I did some searching and did not turn up anything about 2333 being noisy and would be shocked if someone said it was based on the location.

Book 2306. :)

Do you have a preference of port side versus starboard? You may want to include in your final decision the location. I would go for 2254, 2258, or 2392.

Personally I would not book 2306 or 2333 because when I look at deck plans they seem to be right on the edge of the galley and I would not take the chance. BTW I am looking at cruise deck plans where you can drag the decks on top of each other.

2254 and 2258 are the closest to guest services and port side. More towards the front of the ship.

2287 is starboard and in the lobby bar area.

2353 is under the galley.

2392 is under the Blush dining room which is right off the lobby as you walk to the back of the ship.

2317 in under the Sapphire dining room. (Aft/back of ship)

Do you have a preference of port side versus starboard? You may want to include in your final decision the location. I would go for 2254, 2258, or 2392.

Personally I would not book 2306 or 2333 because when I look at deck plans they seem to be right on the edge of the galley and I would not take the chance. BTW I am looking at cruise deck plans where you can drag the decks on top of each other.

2254 and 2258 are the closest to guest services and port side. More towards the front of the ship.

2287 is starboard and in the lobby bar area.

2353 is under the galley.

2392 is under the Blush dining room which is right off the lobby as you walk to the back of the ship.

2317 in under the Sapphire dining room. (Aft/back of ship)

2306 and 2333 are NOT on the edge of the galley. :)

Look at the bank of 4 elevators at the very front side of the galley and then look at the equivalent elevators on deck 2.

As I stated in my earlier e-mail:

These would be the cabins nearest the galley. 2306 is 8 cabins forward of 2334.

Speaking of underneath the galley, 2392 is NOT under the Blush dining room and is under the galley. Again, see the elevators banks for reference.

2254 and 2258 are technically mid-ship cabins but just barely. (2250 is the last of the Forward cabins and 2252 is the first Mid) I personally would prefer to be mid Mid. :)

I stand by my earlier comments: 2306 port and 2317 Starboard are the best two choices. (in my opinion)

2258 is about as far forward as I would like to be as well. As I mentioned in my previous post, the balcony gets a little spray so things hung out there don't get completely dry. From my balcony I would look to the forward cove cabins and it looked like there was more spray coming in when the ship was in motion.

Edited by momonthego17