Help us decide. Sunshine 13 night or pride 14 night?

brenjmull2

We just got off the Pride repo cruise and loved it. We are looking to rebook for next year. It is 14 nights round trip out of baltimore. 8 ports. No airfare. But three sea days coming back.

Sunshine is 13 nights out of port canaveral with 7 ports and two sea days coming back. We would have to fly but is about the same price for both( sunshine including airfare would be about the price of the pride without). Does anyone prefer one ship over the other??

If the price with airfare for Sunshine is about the same then I would pick the Sunshine. We were looking at Baltimore since it is so much closer but decided to go on the Glory for the 21 days instead.

Our decision was made on the fact of how terrible of a winter we just had. When sailing from Baltimore in the Spring, Fall or Winter you usually lose 2 days down and 2 days back due to the chilly weather, not being able to be outside without a jacket. Hate that.

If you leave from Port Canaveral you will be able to spend your sea days by the pool.

We picked the Sunshine cruise for 13 days.There is a total of 8 Ports not 7 Ports on this cruise if you are talking about the 2-21-16 cruise. Already have had price increases since this cruise is selling very good & has an awesome itinerary. Good thing we booked it back in December ;) .

Like ready2cruzagain said........... if the weather is colder coming back to Baltimore you would lose some warmer weather outside deck days would be the deciding factor for us.

Enjoy your cruise whichever one you choose :) !

Yes we are looking at the 2/21 cruise. I just looked again and I only see 7'ports.

We are thinking that you both are right about the sea days being not as nice in and out of baltimore. If they close the dome it will be good. But very crowded I am sure. They did not close it coming back a few weeks ago but the only bad day was the last sea day.

Having now sailed both (the Pride many times, and the Sunshine only once, but just recently) I'd say that you can't go wrong now that the Pride has received the 2.0 upgrades. I prefer the layout of the Spirit class ships for ease of navigating the ships and the Comedy Club, but I also thought that the Ocean Plaza and the Havana Bar on the Sunshine were a huge plus. We loved the Sunshine and never felt the crowded feel that others have complained about...though we never tried to find a deck chair on a sea day either. The food on the Sunshine was outstanding, and offers a few things that the Pride still does not. I'm looking forward to sailing the Pride post-upgrades in June and I expect that we'll find her improved in that department as well.

Yes we are looking at the 2/21 cruise. I just looked again and I only see 7'ports.

We are thinking that you both are right about the sea days being not as nice in and out of baltimore. If they close the dome it will be good. But very crowded I am sure. They did not close it coming back a few weeks ago but the only bad day was the last sea day.

I am looking at the list of Ports that will be visited on the 2-21-16 cruise and these are the Ports copied from our confirmation:

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00 PM

Mon Fun Day At Sea

Tue Fun Day At Sea

Wed St. Maarten, NA 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Dominica 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Barbados 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Scarborough, Trinidad & Tobago 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun Grenada 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon Martinique, Fwi 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue St Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Wed St. Thomas, Usvi 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Thu Fun Day At Sea

Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00 AM

My family chose the 14 day pride. Just because we will be visiting 6 new ports of call and will be Gold already only after 2 cruises

Also by the roll call thread. My ship seems to have the older demographic and no kids at the moment as its to long to take 10 days off from school. U may have more kids on the sunshine as some people with children will take advantage of presidents day school vacation

If the prices are the same. Y not pay for the extra day on the pride. After all not only are cruises good for weather but for relaxing.

I was on the pride repo with only 30 kids,, that was awesome! I think with the Sunshine being 13 nights it still wont be a cruise full of kids.. Presidents day is only Monday off,, maybe take them out of school for a week but not 2.. I am still on the fence here..

We were on the Pride repo with you. It was our first time on the Pride and we loved it. Could easily be our favorite ship if it was near us.

We have been on the Sunshine once and don't plan to go back. Hate how they shrunk the theater.

Just my 2 cents.

We would have to fly but is about the same price for both( sunshine including airfare would be about the price of the pride without). Does anyone prefer one ship over the other??

I don't have a preference either way about the ships.

But why fly if you don't have to?

Granted, the cold weather is a factor during that time frame.

But leaving from Baltimore will allow you to take more luggage with you without paying any bag fees.

Plus no hassles or additional expense of a hotel stay, airport transfer, cruise port transfer etc.

And then there's always the danger of a freak storm and flights being canceled on that day.

If you can drive to a port, I would suggest just drive, don't fly.

Edited by hirent

I prefer the layout of the Spirit class ships for ease of navigating the ships and the Comedy Club...

I haven't been on the Sunshine, but I've done one cruise on it's "sister" ship, the Victory, which is similar enough to Sunshine for me to know I'd rather stick with the Pride.

I've done several Pride voyages and a Hawaii on the Miracle, a sister Spirit class ship, and I'll say that the layout of the Spirit is far superior, the overall construction is far superior, and the crews on the Spirit class ships (if you're on there long enough they'll start talking to you) definitely prefer Spirit class ships.

And those are fantastic port calls.

Somany good points.. I just cant decide. Would it be wrong to put deposits down on both of them since they are refundable?? Then I can decide in a few months?? My husband says florida so we can visit a friend of his that lives about an hour from the Port,, we would go down a few days early.. But I think driving to Port is a big PLUS too.

Somany good points.. I just cant decide. Would it be wrong to put deposits down on both of them since they are refundable?? Then I can decide in a few months?? My husband says florida so we can visit a friend of his that lives about an hour from the Port,, we would go down a few days early.. But I think driving to Port is a big PLUS too.

Tough choice really, but I would lead towards the Pride. I have not been on either ship, but have read many reviews of both, and the one thing that scares me about Sunshine is that when they renewed the ship, they took away public areas to make room for more passenger cabins, and many reviews now seem to focus on crowding in public areas. I do not handle crowds well, therefore my hesitancy toward Sunshine.

Also, even though I worked in the airline industry for 25 years, I HATE air travel:D. I do endure it though because I have to from Canada. If I lived in the US, I would always choose a cruise that did not require air travel.

This just my opinion. I do hope that whichever one you pick, will be a great cruise:):)