Why does everyone love cruise to Bermuda

Rachelleh

[quote name='kewlguy']Those cab companies have some racket going. Rates have been raised twice in the past six months. Actually the government is running the racket as they tell the taxi companies how much to charge which is very un-American. Every Cab company, same price. $6.00 for the first mile is insane. I will walk it thank you.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it appears un-American because they are British? As for taxi cabs I'm sure the majority of the people using them are tourists and therefore it is a revenue maker without effect the people who live and work there. Here in Boston the rates are set by the city so the Bermuda system isn't any different than here. I always assumed all taxi rates were set by the cities and towns in which they operated.

As far as I am aware every big city sets the price that cab charge. While $6.00 for the first mile is expensive..have you noticed the price of gas in Bermuda? Kewlguy you really should consider changing your name to grouch. And yes I do have the closed beach sign...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Smeyer,

We had a lot of fun. Riding on those pink buses was a trip. One word of advice is never have your girlfriend/wife sit on your lap on a Bermuda bus when no seats are available. We nearly caused a few locals to go into cardiac arrest by doing this. It was quite amusing to see their reaction. Shock and disbelief is the best way to describe their facial expressions. We are going back 10/23/04 on Horizon. Prices were really cheap. 6-7 hour drive to Norfolk will be a negative, but such is life. Hopefully those crowds at Horseshoe Bay won't be as bad this time of year. ;)

• 2 months later...
I consider Bermuda the greatest port I have been to. People are so friendly, no beggars, very little unemployment as a matter of fact. The residents take nice care of their property so it is pleasing to just look around while in transit. Another great perk is it is the only place in the world (as far as I know) to purchase a liquor appropriately called Bermuda Gold. I pick up a case every visit. I love the beaches and the relaxed atmosphere, a great vacation. I prefer Celebrity, have been there on 3 different Celebrity ships that visited and every time was great.

Hi:) I just booked a cruise to Bermuda for May 7, 2005:D ...I was supposed to have sailed there in 2004 but plans got changed.......

I am going on HORIZON and cannot wait:) .........jumping up and down I am so excited;) !!!!

We just booked Horizon on August 13th. She is a great ship, this will be our 2nd cruise to Bermuda on her, 4th to Bermuda overrall. I cannot wait, at least I can now say we are going to Bermuda 'THIS' year. Happy New Year to all, I hope everyone's year is full of Happiness and maybe at least one cruise :) !!

Archived