Miracle 4//11/15 chekin

LUVS2CRUZE

We always get there to check in between 10:30-11AM.

They do have 1PM now on the boarding passes and they even mentioned it at the port that "boarding was at 1" (which is new for them to say) but they started earlier and we were on a bit after noon with FTTF. I'd expect others to board later than that.

We received emails that said come from 2:30 TO 3:30 witch i don't plan on listening to. We also are staying at the QM and plan on walking over around 9am and after we are checked in and have a boarding pass, we will go back to the QM for Breakfast.

Early check in starts around 9:30. The doors open around 11:30.

Be prepared for traffic as the Long Beach Grand Prix is next weekend and festivities started last weekend.

Edited by SadieN

Early check in starts around 9:30. The doors open around 11:30.

Be prepared for traffic as the Long Beach Grand Prix is next weekend and festivities started last weekend.

Isn't the Grand Prix April 17 - 19? The OP is checking in April 11. I'm on the Miracle sailing on 4/18 and hotels are all sold out for park and rides.

We've received a Carnival e-mail for 12:30 to 1:30 boarding. This is new to me and I believe Carnival is attempting to stage requested arrivals to relieve congestion at terminal. We're planning on arrival night before at a nearby B&B, a leisurely morning, perhaps a quick look at the Battleship Iowa while my bride gets ready and then a short trip to the terminal.

Isn't the Grand Prix April 17 - 19? The OP is checking in April 11. I'm on the Miracle sailing on 4/18 and hotels are all sold out for park and rides.

Yes. But they're doing other things on the weekends leading up to it. Last weekend it was electric car races.

Mom and sis are also on the 4/11 cruise. Normally they'd take public transportation to the Dome but didn't want to deal with any revised bus/train schedule.

Yes. But they're doing other things on the weekends leading up to it. Last weekend it was electric car races.

Mom and sis are also on the 4/11 cruise. Normally they'd take public transportation to the Dome but didn't want to deal with any revised bus/train schedule.

I was just looking at the schedule. Yes. My bad. You're correct. It looks like the sailings on 4/11 and 4/18 will have a lot of traffic. I may get there early and just wait. Any input from your family about the traffic and check in process would be great. Hope they enjoy their cruise. Cheers!

Im the OP and I also just received the automated call and it is telling me an earlier time than the email.

My daughter and her family are in the same cabin, and their emails stated different times for each of them.:rolleyes:

I was just looking at the schedule. Yes. My bad. You're correct. It looks like the sailings on 4/11 and 4/18 will have a lot of traffic. I may get there early and just wait. Any input from your family about the traffic and check in process would be great. Hope they enjoy their cruise. Cheers!

Hey, no problem. I only knew about last weekend and this weekend by listening to the radio.

Take the 710 south, following the signs to the Queen Mary. It will take you to port, bypassing the streets.

Be careful down by the port as they were working on the 710 and it's kind of confusing getting into the correct exit

On the 11th, there is the Drift Series.

The problem with getting to the port too early is the parking situation. Most people wouldn't have left the ship and therefore more cars still in the parking structure and less free spots. And if you park at an earlier time (i.e. 9 am) then you leave (i.e. 10 am), the parking company will charge you for the full days parked plus prorate you for the extra time (i.e.1 hour).

A few years ago sis went on a cruise that started the same day as the LB Grand Prix. She said there was someone at the parking entrance asking if they were there for the cruise. We are also on the cruise on the 11th. I plan on having my boarding pass out JIC.

The problem with getting to the port too early is the parking situation. Most people wouldn't have left the ship and therefore more cars still in the parking structure and less free spots. And if you park at an earlier time (i.e. 9 am) then you leave (i.e. 10 am), the parking company will charge you for the full days parked plus prorate you for the extra time (i.e.1 hour).

Agreed. The parking structure will have cars from the Thursday Imagination sailing, Friday Inspiration sailing and cars from the previous weekends Miracle sailing.