Spa package on Dawn to Bermuda?

ELA

Hello everyone,

Just booked a Bermuda cruise on Dawn.Everyone is so excited - we love the freestyle cruising and since we are in MA it seems like a perfect fit.

We have booked a mini suite as they're out of balconies.

Question - does Dawn offer a pass which allows you to use the sauna/steam room etc in their spa? I think Jewel had it and I was curious if it was also offered on this itinierary.

Thanks!

Ela

They certainly do.

Sauna

Steam room

Thaloplasy (sp?) tub

Hot tub

Lap pool

co-ed relaxation area

separate mens/womens relaxation areas

Cold dip tub and Hot dip tub in mens shower area. (Women have it?)

Provided locker

Provided robe

Hot teas

Cold ice water sometimes flavored

No heated tile loungers

This area over looks the wake of the ship.

No children allowed.

I always purchase a weeks package.

Does anyone know the cost of a day pass to the Spa?

thanks

At one point I think it was around $35 per day.

If you do not plan to go more than 3 or 4 times, that is the way to go. Beware though, they may not have any daily availiability at the given time you decide to go.

• 4 months later...

I'm struggling to understand the access to the steam/saunas on the Dawn. If I workout in the fitness center and want to use the steam afterwards, do I have to pay for that? I'm seeing yes and no in other posts.

I already purchased mine for my Oct 23rd Cruise on the Dawn. The one thing that makes our trip is just being able to go down to the Spa when we want. Will miss those Heated loungers though. Loved them on my last ship.

If I workout in the fitness center and want to use the steam afterwards, do I have to pay for that? I'm seeing yes and no in other posts.
Yes, you have to pay for access to the lockers, showers, steam room, and sauna. The Dawn does not have a free locker/shower room like some of the other ships.

I'm cruising on the Escape this January and have never used any spa services aboard NCL. My whole travel group is planning to book a massage (couples massages :) ) and we're wondering - when you book a spa service does that grant any use of the thermal suite before or after your massage?

Crossing fingers it does

My husband and I were on the Dawn last week. We booked thermal suite packages online before sailing ($119 per person). You can book after you board as well, but the price is then $139 per person. It was $30 per person per day if you chose not to buy the weekly package. It was quiet, relaxing, and beautiful to gaze out the floor to ceiling aft windows at the wake. The pool and hot tubs on deck 12 were always packed. Most days, we had the pool, hot tub, and thallosopy (sp?) pool to ourselves. We felt it was worth every single penny that we spent.

Hope that helps!

I'm cruising on the Escape this January and have never used any spa services aboard NCL. My whole travel group is planning to book a massage (couples massages :) ) and we're wondering - when you book a spa service does that grant any use of the thermal suite before or after your massage?

Crossing fingers it does

No it does not

I just booked the spa for our cruise on the DAWN . Do we get a special spa pass card in our cabin ?How do they know we paid for it at the spa?This is our first time getting this ,I am looking forward to the spa we have been on 16 cruises. Can we bring our drinks in there with us.

They will put a sticker on your seapass. Also, I believe you get a wrist band
No wrist bands on our cruise in July (thank goodness). The stickers were not on our cards at check-in, we had to show our booking confirmation at the spa table to get the stickers.
Can we bring our drinks in there with us.
In a plastic glass it should be no problem, like around the pool. But I don't know what their official policy is. Edited by hawkeyetlse

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you have to pay for access to the lockers, showers, steam room, and sauna. The Dawn does not have a free locker/shower room like some of the other ships.

This was not my experience on a recent Dawn cruise. I used the fitness center nearly every day, and usually went into the changing rooms to use the toilet when I was finished. Just walked downstairs, past the Spa Reception and into the "Men's Changing Area". Maybe it was because I was obvioulsy coming from the fitness center (coming down the stairs, sweaty) but at least a couple times I came in through the Spa entrance, again walked right by reception and into the Men's Changing Area so it's not like they only let people using the fitness center go in there.

I could have used the lockers (you set your own combo), the showers, the steam/sauna/hot-cold tubs. There were very clear signs saying membership required to go into the "men's relaxation area" and the area where the pool and hot tub was located. But nothing saying the other facilities were members only. I only used the toilet, maybe if I tried to use a locker or the sauna someone would have coming running to stop me, but, I seriously doubt that would have been the case.

It's possible that the staff assumed you had a spa pass, or they just don't bother to enforce the access privileges if the spa is not busy. Don't ask don't tell (you didn't ask, right?) Maybe someone who is on the Dawn can ask the spa reception staff explicitly who is allowed to use the locker/changing room. This would be useful information for the forum.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

It's possible that the staff assumed you had a spa pass, or they just don't bother to enforce the access privileges if the spa is not busy. Don't ask don't tell (you didn't ask, right?)

No, I didn't, after all I was just using the bathroom.

There are lots of signs in the Spa, but no sign saying the Men's changing area was "member's only". There were signs saying the pool area and relaxation areas were members only. From within the men's changing room, it seems to me that if some areas are clearly signed as "members only", then it is reasonable to infer that areas with no signs are public. Pool and relaxation areas had signs. Sauna, steam, dip pools, lockers, showers, toilets - none of them had members only signs.

I didn't use the sauna or anything other than the toilet. Perhaps if I'd used a locker to change, or used the sauna, someone would have kicked me out - I don't know.

Maybe someone who is on the Dawn can ask the spa reception staff explicitly who is allowed to use the locker/changing room. This would be useful information for the forum.

For sure that would be a good idea.

Edited by cruiser-paul