Anyone used Juneau Tours?

cruisevers

Looking at their whale watching tours since it is in the Northern Lights coupon book. Tried searching the forum but you can imagine what came up...everything with those two words in it!

Not a bad price and they are looking pretty good on tripadevisor.

I haven't used them so can't recommend them, but I'm booked with in June. They have been great responding to any questions I've had, great reviews on TA, and the price was great for everything offered. I hope others respond as I would love to read more reviews from others. They had a good cancellation policy too then some other similarly priced tours in Juneau.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also going in June and are trying to decide on a Juneau whale watch tour. Biggest question I have is if the size of the boat is an issue. Harv and Marvs has smaller boats and is a bit more expensive than Juneau Tours. Does the size of the tour matter that much? I like the Juneau Tours timing more and would prefer it if it is just as good.

Edited by vestamark

We are also going in June and are trying to decide on a Juneau whale watch tour. Biggest question I have is if the size of the boat is an issue. Harv and Marvs has smaller boats and is a bit more expensive than Juneau Tours. Does the size of the tour matter that much? I like the Juneau Tours timing more and would prefer it if it is just as good.

Went on a whale watching tour last Sept in Canada and we were on a boat with about 60 other people. Of course, when everyone saw that there was an outdoor seating area, they all ran to get on the boat faster, so we were "stuck" downstairs where there were windows (with water drops due to the sea spray) "blocking" our views (half of the window opened, but only 1 person could stand in that opening)... as it turned out, we didnt see any whales, it was foggy and very overcast, so I was a little disappointed (and it was not a tour that had a "money back guarantee"). If you want to have a great probability of not having to "fight" for the view, I'd go with a smaller boat. If you don't mind elbowing at the rails, go for the bigger boat... I'm not sure how many ppl Juneau tours allows on their boats, but definately take that into consideration. Spending a few more $$ per person for a more personalized tour may make a difference.

we booked with a different company based on the size of the boat, and availability/scheduling the day we are in port.

I hope you enjoy which ever tour you decide on!

We booked a private tour with Harv and marv, last year. It was my husband and I and our 2 daughters 12 and 16. We loved it. No loud talkers, no children running around we could stay inside cabin to get warm or be outside with no one fighting us for space. She had snacks, blankets and binoculars. It was so peaceful and since it was just us it wasn't a big deal to zip around a find new set of whales to gaze at, when it got crowded from other whale watching groups. Honestly we would not do those larger tour boats. I think there are other companies that do private tours too, check trip advisor.

We went with Harv and Marv last summer in their small boat. It was pretty rough and we got tossed around quite a bit. It was very difficult to take photos as the boat was rocking so much. We ended being transferred to larger boat in order to make it back to the dock safely. Something to consider.

We booked two whale watch trips with Juneau tours for this summer.