Current MDR menus

ute_fan

Been 3 years since we cruised, and I'm wondering what the current MDR menus are like. Anyone been recently that can update me? It seems like the last time we cruised they were mostly a static menu, with just 2 or 3 entrees that changed daily. Is that still the case?

Also, anywhere on the ship that you can still find the yummy chilled soups? Are they back on the regular menus, or can you find them in the buffet, or are we going to be out of luck?

Been 3 years since we cruised, and I'm wondering what the current MDR menus are like. Anyone been recently that can update me? It seems like the last time we cruised they were mostly a static menu, with just 2 or 3 entrees that changed daily. Is that still the case?

Also, anywhere on the ship that you can still find the yummy chilled soups? Are they back on the regular menus, or can you find them in the buffet, or are we going to be out of luck?

The menus were changed fleetwide last year. There are several choices of entrees that appear on the menu each night, with several other options (of appetizers, entrees, and desserts) that change on a nightly basis. I have been generally pleased with the variety of options. The lunch menus in the MDRs do not change much (if at all) from day to day.

I have read about the legend of the chilled soups here on CC, but I do not think they exist anymore. I never saw them in the buffet or on the menu, and most of the posts I read here were from people disappointed in their disappearance.

If you go to this website, http://beyondships.com you can select the ship you're sailing on to view some menu photos. I think that most have been updated to the current menus.

I just had copies of the menus emailed to me. There's a static list of entrees, but the rest of the menu changes daily. A good mix of stuff for most people... unfortunately for the most part, vegetarians are in dire straits and vegans are flat out screwed. Would it kill them to think beyond pasta and curry?

I just had copies of the menus emailed to me. There's a static list of entrees, but the rest of the menu changes daily. A good mix of stuff for most people... unfortunately for the most part, vegetarians are in dire straits and vegans are flat out screwed. Would it kill them to think beyond pasta and curry?

Can you pass on the email with the menus if we give you our emai?

I haven't seen the chilled soups in the last couple of years but we have been happy with the excellent hot soups we have gotten onboard. We always love the great Mushroom soup in Le Bistro, but we also enjoyed several excellent soups in the MDRs. We were on the Dawn last month and made it a point to always order soup in the MDR and also LOVED the Tomato soup in the Blue Lagoon.

Also don't expect to see lobster tails in the MDR. Was just on the Jewel last week and didn't have any. From what I've been told after the cruise, lobster night was cancelled some time in 2014.

There will be daily specials with a rotating menu including appetizers, main courses and desserts. There is a static main course section and some appetizers will stay, such as french onion soup and caesar salad, though sometimes with a twist. We had both chicken and anchovie caesar salads.

The fried brie wedges were delicious.. for the most part, I didn't have any complaints / issues with the food in the MDR. The seafood bisque (served on the last night) was terrible. No one in my party liked it. Oh, and the chocolate crepe dessert was bad too, mine came out like I was eating rubber.

Edited by alkemist