bathroom sizes in PH and B1 balcony cabins

Nan1052

Does anyone know if the sizes of the bathrooms are the same in both the PH and B1 categories on the Insignia and Regatta? If the PH bathrooms are larger, I would consider one. But if they're the same size, I would drop to a balcony cabin. Would really appreciate the input as I'm trying to make my decision.

Thanks in advance!

Nancy

I think Cruise Critic will not allow me to link to other sites, but I found the information you were looking for quite easily by running the search "oceania insignia cabin sizes" through Google (without the quotation marks). There is a site with deck plans in its name. That is where I found the information in both feet and meters. I'm not sure which one you would prefer.

Just saw this question ... the reason why we prefer PH to "A" and "B" cabins on the "R" ships is because of the larger size. Not everyone finds this as important as we do.

For one thing, the bathroom is definitely larger (not huge) ... go to a Vista or OS for a huge bathroom. But I personally prefer the tub/shower combo in the PH to the teensy shower in the lower veranda cabins.

Another consideration is the width of the cabin. If you are in the standard veranda cabin and one of you wants to go out to the veranda and the other person wants to go to the bathroom area, one of you will have to wait until the other crosses. If you are in a PH there is maybe 5-6' additional width in the cabin, so that you can both cross.

That is important to us (as is the larger bathroom) but it's up to YOU to decide if it is important.

I confess that our most recent cruises have been in two VS and one OC on Marina, and we are really spoiled now with all that room. Is it essential?

Nope. We booked a PH on our Lima-NYC cruise leaving April 21st ...

Its really up to YOU if the extra room is important enough to pay the extra $$.

Mura

Just saw this question ... the reason why we prefer PH to "A" and "B" cabins on the "R" ships is because of the larger size. Not everyone finds this as important as we do.

For one thing, the bathroom is definitely larger (not huge) ... go to a Vista or OS for a huge bathroom. But I personally prefer the tub/shower combo in the PH to the teensy shower in the lower veranda cabins.

Another consideration is the width of the cabin. If you are in the standard veranda cabin and one of you wants to go out to the veranda and the other person wants to go to the bathroom area, one of you will have to wait until the other crosses. If you are in a PH there is maybe 5-6' additional width in the cabin, so that you can both cross.

That is important to us (as is the larger bathroom) but it's up to YOU to decide if it is important.

I confess that our most recent cruises have been in two VS and one OC on Marina, and we are really spoiled now with all that room. Is it essential?

Nope. We booked a PH on our Lima-NYC cruise leaving April 21st ...

Its really up to YOU if the extra room is important enough to pay the extra $$.

Mura

Mura,

The tub in the B veranda rooms also has a shower, right?

So as long as you are nimble enough to step over the side of the tub, is the area to shower in larger in the tub/shower combo than the stand up shower?

Thanks! :)

Edited to add.....I am asking about O class ships! forgot to post that.....

Edited by takemewithyou

I'm sorry that I cannot answer the questions about the "O" ships below the OC level ... in a few weeks I could answer about the PH level.

My understanding is that there are NO tubs on the "O" ships other than the Jacuzzis in the top suites.

On the "R" ships, you have small showers in the "A", "B", etc. cabins. And I mean SMALL. If YOU are small, you won't have a problem. I'm not small which is why I opt for the PH cabins.

From what I have read from others, tubs are NOT available on the "O" ships. Large showers are ...

Others can answer better than I can.

Hope this helps ... I'm not sure that it does!

Mura

Mura,

The tub in the B veranda rooms also has a shower, right?

So as long as you are nimble enough to step over the side of the tub, is the area to shower in larger in the tub/shower combo than the stand up shower?

Thanks! :)

Edited to add.....I am asking about O class ships! forgot to post that.....

This is a photo before they added the glass to part of the tub by the vanity & a proper shower head

tub-M.jpg

separate shower stall

shower%20stall-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

........just don't eat the doughnuts !(private joke)

I believe the bathrooms are the same as on Azamara.......where we met a few years ago.

We were on Insignia last year and had a wonderful time although we were in a PH

Have a lovely time

Carol

........just don't eat the doughnuts !(private joke)

I believe the bathrooms are the same as on Azamara.......where we met a few years ago.

We were on Insignia last year and had a wonderful time although we were in a PH

Have a lovely time

Carol

If we eat the doughnuts, we won't be able to fit in the shower, will we?!!

Hi Carol!

I have lost your e mail, so if you still have mine, I'd love to hear from you!

When you say "we won't be able to fit into the shower", are you imagining that two people can fit in there? No way, Jose!

On the "O" ships that could work, I think ... Haven't tried it yet! :D

If you're in a top suite on Marina or Riviera, the jacuzzi fits two ...

Mura

When you say "we won't be able to fit into the shower", are you imagining that two people can fit in there? No way, Jose!

On the "O" ships that could work, I think ... Haven't tried it yet! :D

If you're in a top suite on Marina or Riviera, the jacuzzi fits two ...

Mura

:D:D:DNO! Just responding to the eating doughnuts comment!

Oh, I got the "doughnuts" comment! But you said WE.

Now, just one person fitting into the small showers on the "R" ships below the PH level would be difficult (especially after doughnuts) ...

But TWO at any time would be impossible ... unless you are two anorexics ...

Mura

Thanks so much. We'll just have to coordinate better in the future!

Our next cruise is on Marina (April 21st) from Lima ... Given the way they are trying to get "upper suite" people to trade down on their cabins, I doubt there's much room ...

Next O cruise after that is October 2016 ... but we might be tempted!

Mura

Thanks so much. We'll just have to coordinate better in the future!

Our next cruise is on Marina (April 21st) from Lima ... Given the way they are trying to get "upper suite" people to trade down on their cabins, I doubt there's much room ...

Next O cruise after that is October 2016 ... but we might be tempted!

Mura[/quote

We are so off topic, but the 10/16 cruise looks interesting....just looked at it.

I am going to e mail you, if you don't mind with a question or two....

I don't mind at all. That's why my email address is on the page.

Some people have said that link doesn't work ... in which case try mura at speakeasy dot net or mura at keltonpublications dot com.

Looking forward to hearing from you ...

Mura