LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Hello friends! Back on board after another great day at Labadee! Labadee continues to be one of my favorite ports

2015-04-14%2008.06.48_zpsz1w0h8ag.jpg

Quantum is a beautiful ship

2015-04-14%2008.09.47_zpsyhmxtox3.jpg

2015-04-14%2008.11.12_zpsqhgz3elc.jpg

A band greeted everyone coming ashore

2015-04-14%2008.11.20_zpspryzpn2l.jpg

Shaping up to be another great day with friends at our over the water cabana

2015-04-14%2008.24.41_zpsu3xfbkna.jpg

2015-04-14%2008.24.59_zpsdrlu8srh.jpg

Nice photos Chris...and I see you with Janice & Patrick who are some of my favorite people. Give them a big hug for me...and tell Patrick that his "dental work" looks fabulous...he will know what I am talking about. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am only seeing some of the photos. Strange. I can see them when someone replies and includes the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was having the same problem. This is what fixed it on my end:

- When logged in go to your User CP/Settings and Options/Edit Options/Thread Display Options and make sure you have the box "show images" checked off.

Hope that helps. I thought it was my browser because when I went to Firefox the images showed up... but then I logged in and they were gone. All working now!

(PS. SOOOOO jealous of you right now Chris!! Quantum and Labadee look amazing!)

Wow that weather doesn't look like it could be any better! Can't tell u how much I appreciate and enjoy this live report. It's quite a sacrifice and many (myself included) would not be as willing to give up our vacation time to do something like this..

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the reviews and pics.

Question about how guys are dressing for Grande--I have a tux, but I didn't see many tuxes in Grande and I don't want to be the guy who is overdressed. We will be on Quantum in May. Do you recommend bringing a tux or a suit for dining at Grande? Thanks in advance for your input.

Bumper cars do not have to be scheduled by right now they are only running from 9 am to noon on sea days.

I am saving the cruise compasses because someone ask to see them and when I get back home I will scan them and post them on the cc boards as those will turn out much better than they seem to do in a photo

Would you be able to also grab the kids' cruise compasses? I'm specifically looking for the 3-5 group, 9-11 group, and teen ones.

The only ones I've been able to find are from last November, and I think they've changed since then.

I admit I haven't been keeping up with the many threads about dining on Quantum. My understanding was that the menus were set at the many restaurants on board. But, I noticed that the Grande menu posted specifically said it was the Elegance menu (mind you, I'm reading on a cell phone and could be missing pertinent information.) Do the menus change? Perhaps even only a little and for long cruises such as this? That may sound vaguely familiar, but, like I said, I have not been keeping up.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the reviews and pics.

Question about how guys are dressing for Grande--I have a tux, but I didn't see many tuxes in Grande and I don't want to be the guy who is overdressed. We will be on Quantum in May. Do you recommend bringing a tux or a suit for dining at Grande? Thanks in advance for your input.

A suit would be fine for The Grande

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

I admit I haven't been keeping up with the many threads about dining on Quantum. My understanding was that the menus were set at the many restaurants on board. But, I noticed that the Grande menu posted specifically said it was the Elegance menu (mind you, I'm reading on a cell phone and could be missing pertinent information.) Do the menus change? Perhaps even only a little and for long cruises such as this? That may sound vaguely familiar, but, like I said, I have not been keeping up.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

The menus will be changing halfway through our cruise so I will let everyone know what the changes may be when it happens.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

By some miracle I can see all of the pics now but couldn't this morning. Still using the phone and I didn't do anything. Did switch from wifi at home to 4G at work. Could that be it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris for such a wonderful review! I absolutely love hearing everything about the ship and all the pictures! It looks like you had a beautiful day in Labadee!

My family and I will be traveling on the Quantum on 4/24 and we are so excited! I am interested in how much is actually going on inside the ship on the various days. I am traveling with my four year old and my 18 month old and do not see us sitting by the pool all day every day, so that we keep our sanity. LOL! Is there a lot to do throughout the day with children of that age do you think? Also, would you happen to know what the policy is regarding the pools and infants in diapers? I know there is the H20 zone for kids...would you happen to know if my infant who is in diapers would be able to use that with swim diapers or is there someplace specific for babies?

Thanks so much again and don't worry if you can get to these questions....you are on your vacation and deserve to enjoy it! Looking forward to pics of American Icon tonight!

I will do the Northstar at some point during this cruise. As Bob said there are 5 smaller restaurants that replace the MDR. Silk, American Icon. The Grande, Chic, and Coastal Kitchen(suite guests only)

Also

Devinly Decadence A healthy yet indulgent menu of favorites under 500 calories, from best-selling author and celebrity chef Devin Alexander