Baltic Cruise June 15 - port advice especially Stockholm

Nonio

I've just booked on this as the ports and timing seemed appealing, but not from in depth knowledge. I've never sailed Princess before (Royal Princess) & have booked a balcony cabin.

However rather than sailing right into Stockholm the ship docks at Nynasham which requires a tender & I think may be some distance from Stockholm itself. In fact my first desire was to sail through the islands leading towards Stockholm but suspect missing out on Stockholm itself (in favour of Nynasham) would be a mistake. There is a Princess Tranfer to Stockholm for c 65$ where you are then left to your own devices.

Does anyone know whether it is a) possible and b) easy to make one's own way from Nynasham to Stockholm as I prefer to be independent if possible. Are there hop on hop off buses/ boats from the port?

What is Nynasham like (compared to Stockholm?).

The other ports are Copenhagen (arriving noon leaving 11pm) Helsinki (9 am - 5 pm), St Petersburgh overnight, Tallinn (half day 7 am - 2pm) Gottenburgh (half day).

Any tips for an independent traveller gratefully received ..in particular what about St Petersburgh, given that I don't much enjoy group 'herding' from Museum to museum?

I haven't even applied for my Russian visa yet...do I need one for any other ports ? ( I'm a UK/ EU citizen) and what should I do about currency?! Thanks.