9D category stateroom on Disney Magic

julmops

Hi all,

We're booked on the 6th July 2016 Baltics cruise on the Magic.

We wanted to get a balcony but prices are absolutely prohibitive ...

We currently are on a 9D oceanview on Deck 1 with 2 small portholes ...

Not sure I would like after having seen some pics ...

Opinions ?

Many thanks in advance !

We're on the May 30 sailing, with a verandah, though I will admit, that same room in June or July would have been out of our price range.

Given that, everything I've read is that the Northern Europe cruise is "port intensive" and there are few sea days. For that reason, many people seem to feel that any room is good enough.

I do think that itinerary is going to be fabulous and if a 9D is what it takes to see that part of the world, then jump in with both feet and enjoy!

We're on the May 30 sailing, with a verandah, though I will admit, that same room in June or July would have been out of our price range.

Given that, everything I've read is that the Northern Europe cruise is "port intensive" and there are few sea days. For that reason, many people seem to feel that any room is good enough.

I do think that itinerary is going to be fabulous and if a 9D is what it takes to see that part of the world, then jump in with both feet and enjoy!

Fair does ! Thanks for your comment. We will see, we might upgrade just a tad for a large porthole instead of the 2 small ones ...

On this cruise, I'd take it as "any room is better than no room." Reality, you'll spend very little time in the cabin.

I've been inside and in a verandah. True, a verandah is better when the price is right. THe difference can be a few hundred or double the cost depending on cruise dates, etc.

My brother and family were in a 9D on our last Caribbean cruise, and we had a 9B, both on Deck 2. In fact, this is the only room we've ever had on the Magic. The only difference between our two rooms was that his had the smaller portholes, and ours had the single larger one.

Truth is, the Magic is so easy to get around, and when you want to head outside, it's so easy to just head up a couple of decks.