Royal Caribbean Restaurant Reservation Question

Hello all,

We are fairly new to cruising. We are cruising on the RC Oasis of the Seas this summer for a 7 night trip. Via our travel agent and the RC credit card we have racked up about $400 on board credit. I'd like to use the money to reserve restaurants, but if I pre-book I have to pay up front as well. From other cruisers' experiences, my question is two fold: 1) If I make reservations for a restaurant once on board, will it deduct from my OBC? 2) Is it okay to book restaurants once on board or will we miss out by not having a reservation?

Thanks so much!

Philip

Hello all,

We are fairly new to cruising. We are cruising on the RC Oasis of the Seas this summer for a 7 night trip. Via our travel agent and the RC credit card we have racked up about $400 on board credit. I'd like to use the money to reserve restaurants, but if I pre-book I have to pay up front as well. From other cruisers' experiences, my question is two fold: 1) If I make reservations for a restaurant once on board, will it deduct from my OBC? 2) Is it okay to book restaurants once on board or will we miss out by not having a reservation?

Thanks so much!

Philip

Your OBC will be applied to anything you spend onboard.

If you go straight to the restaurant upon boarding, you should be able to get a reservation acceptable to you.

Hello all,

Thanks so much!

Philip

Anything bought onboard goes onto your sea pass card. Your OBC will be used first, then any remaining balance will be billed.

If there are specific restaurants and times you want, I would recommend booking first day if possible. Then you can relax and not worry. Remember you can change reservations if needed. Some restaurants may be more popular than others on certain nights, but if you have some flexibility on do I g time and order of restaurants, you should be good.

Enjoy your cruise.

So per your experience, I will still be able to get reservations for the restaurants. I may go ahead and book the Chef's Table due to limited number of seats, but otherwise I should be fine?

Thanks again for all of your replies,

Philip

So per your experience, I will still be able to get reservations for the restaurants. I may go ahead and book the Chef's Table due to limited number of seats, but otherwise I should be fine?

Thanks again for all of your replies,

Philip

That has been our experience. You may not be able to get the exact time you want, but they should be able to work out acceptable times.

Hello all,

Thanks so much!

Philip

Philip,

Like you, I was uncertain about booking in advance. I was pleasantly surprised on both of my last 2 cruises that there were acceptable times available. during the trip, we decided to try another restaurant and were able to get in there as well. just keep your show schedule handy to make sure you don't have any conflicts when you book your dining reservation. and be flexible on the time you wish to dine will give you even more options.

good luck, relax and have a wonderful time.

Robin