I,m confused

alb1956

I'm confused....on the Sunshine...I've seen some old TVs in some cabin pictures I've found on line...You would think that when they refurbish an older ship it would include a flat screen TV.....also heard there aren't refrigerators in a lot of the rooms. Any truth to all this?? I would welcome any info!!!

I'm confused....on the Sunshine...I've seen some old TVs in some cabin pictures I've found on line...You would think that when they refurbish an older ship it would include a flat screen TV.....also heard there aren't refrigerators in a lot of the rooms. Any truth to all this?? I would welcome any info!!!

Just on Sunshine in March and we did not have a fridge, but did have a newer TV. We were in balcony cabin 7239.

I think the pictures you are seeing are from when it was the Destiny. Can you see parts of the rooms with the old TVs? Is the bedding that of the Destiny and not the Sunshine? That would be a big clue as to which ship you are looking at. As far as I knew, all rooms got flat screen TVs with the dry dock.

Fridges are only in rooms on deck 3 and 5 where the new rooms were added, all suites and I believe all spa rooms.

I think the pictures you are seeing are from when it was the Destiny.

This is true. Some of the photos I'm seeing currently are mine, when it was the Destiny. They are labeled the Sunshine cabin number, but it was a different number as Destiny.

Peg

Edited by Peg_S

If you are a diabetic and need to store your insulin but are not in a cabin on deck 3 or 5, will they move a refrigerator (upon request) into your cabin?

We had to do this on the Triumph. Everything was supposed to have been taken care of before we boarded. But, at last, somewhere along the line someone didn't do what they were supposed to. Eventually, we received a refrigerator after Housekeeping was able to convince a passenger to give theirs up.

Would hate to go through all that again!

MARAPRINCE

It's not a stupid question guys, op is just wondering. Myself I have a little one, and will need a fridge for juice. And hell, myself for cold wine! I have a suite, is it a dumb question to ask if the suites have a fridge?!

Not stupid, but you can understand when some here ask questions they already know the answer to to serve their own agenda (clearly not the case here). I have seen some ships come through refurb (which is what this was, although to a much bigger scale) and only replace "some" of the TV's. It is also true, that the only rooms that have the mini fridges are the new ones added. You will be happy to learn that suites already had them.

If you are a diabetic and need to store your insulin but are not in a cabin on deck 3 or 5, will they move a refrigerator (upon request) into your cabin?

We had to do this on the Triumph. Everything was supposed to have been taken care of before we boarded. But, at last, somewhere along the line someone didn't do what they were supposed to. Eventually, we received a refrigerator after Housekeeping was able to convince a passenger to give theirs up.

Would hate to go through all that again!

MARAPRINCE

As long as the temperature is under 75 degrees, insulin does not need to be refrigerated.

It's not a stupid question guys, op is just wondering. Myself I have a little one, and will need a fridge for juice. And hell, myself for cold wine! I have a suite, is it a dumb question to ask if the suites have a fridge?!

If you read the thread, your question was answered above.