North Cape Hall...skippable?

I'm really dithering over what to do during our port stop in Honningsvag. The most popular option seems to be the trip to the North Cape Hall, but I'm not sure if we really want to do that. Our previous port is Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, which is much, much farther north, so I'm not sure how much of a thrill it will be to go to the "northernmost" point of continental Europe. Taking the local bus, it will cost around $300 for our family of five (slightly less if we rent a car and drive ourselves; obviously a lot more if we did a cruise line excursion), and I'm just not sure it's worth that to us. Will we feel like we "missed out" if we don't go? What else might we do that day? I've seen Terry from Ohio's fabulous photos of his bird safari, but that does not appeal to our family. It sounds like there's not much to do in the town itself. Any input or suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Will we feel like we "missed out" if we don't go?
I don't think you'd need to feel that you'd missed out, although there are some things to do and see there (some of them quite cheesy) that you won't otherwise get to do and see. It's really quite a pretty / dramatic lookout point, if nothing else. Some bracing walks. And the drive there and back has some scenery too.

But I wouldn't put it on a "must see" list, and we only went because we hadn't worked out anything else to do and we can now say that we've been there and never again have to feel like we might want to go.

For us, I'd say yes, it is a cool experience. We did the ship ex. A once in a lifetime thing. The treacherous winding roads makes it cringeworthy. Standing up in the clouds nice.

BUT, with a family, not sure I'd spend the money if you are looking for something memorable for the kids. We stopped a couple times .I remember seeing the "real" reindeer. We wanted to see more of the land, terrain. So this was worth it for us.

On our stop in Honningsvag we have reserved a car rental with Avis. We plan to drive to Gysaever and do a bird safari to Stappan Island. Then we will have lunch at the restaurant in Gysaever and drive back to the North cape ...if we feel like it and if the weather is good..we will probably play that by ear . Or maybe we will take a drive into the countryside.

Just an idea to toss out there!:)

Be very careful. The fog was dangerously thick for our trip for quite a while. We talked to others who had rented a car for that day and needed to cut their trip short when they got a little lost after missing a turn.

DH did the birding trip after we returned from North Cape. He enjoyed it a lot. The fog rolled in and out but the waters were calm. Lots of birds.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think we might just wing it...not pre-book a car or the bus, and see what we feel like (and how the weather looks) when we get there. I know this is taking the risk that we'll get shut out, but then the decision will be made for us. ;)

We thought long and hard about a similar decision for our stop there in June. In the end we said no and would give it a miss...

Having been to Iceland before and cruising in the Arctice Cirle this time our personal view is that it's just another coastline / cliff tourist destination.