Crown & Anchor Welcome Back Party

My husband just told me about this. We have only been on two cruises, both with Royal and we are only gold. Our third cruise will be less than a week..yay!! Can't wait! Anyways, he just told me about this. Will they let us know when it is on the cruise compass? He mentioned we get complimentary alcohol which was the kicker for me ;). Do they serve a full bar like you would get when you pay? Is it unlimited drinks? What do you do there? Just mingle or do they give some sort of presentation? Thanks!!

My husband just told me about this. We have only been on two cruises, both with Royal and we are only gold. Our third cruise will be less than a week..yay!! Can't wait! Anyways, he just told me about this. Will they let us know when it is on the cruise compass? He mentioned we get complimentary alcohol which was the kicker for me ;). Do they serve a full bar like you would get when you pay? Is it unlimited drinks? What do you do there? Just mingle or do they give some sort of presentation? Thanks!!

No full bar, usually just limited to what the bar servers are carrying, such as rum punch, house wine, or champagne.

Notification varies, it could be a card in your stateroom, mention in a letter you get on embarkation day, or listing in the compass.

No full bar, usually just limited to what the bar servers are carrying, such as rum punch, house wine, or champagne.

Notification varies, it could be a card in your stateroom, mention in a letter you get on embarkation day, or listing in the compass.

Thanks Bob!!

I do have one more question regarding the points. My daughter went on one of the cruises with us so she is now C & A. Does she get our points too even if we don't take her on one of the cruises with us? Our first cruise she did not go but she went on the second. They were both 7 nights. Does she now have 14 or just 7? I thought I read somewhere that she gets the points we get. Thanks

Ive only been to one of these on Enchantment and all they had was 2 already mixed colorful drinks that I didnt try and the same snacks from CL.

So, in other words Garavar, if you are just going for the alcohol, not really worth going to...lol

Thanks Bob!!

I do have one more question regarding the points. My daughter went on one of the cruises with us so she is now C & A. Does she get our points too even if we don't take her on one of the cruises with us? Our first cruise she did not go but she went on the second. They were both 7 nights. Does she now have 14 or just 7? I thought I read somewhere that she gets the points we get. Thanks

Your daughter's points will only be what she earned from the cruises she took.

However, if she is under 18, and linked with you, then her C&A level will follow yours. In other words, if you make Diamond, she would also be Diamond, even if she has only 7 points.

Edited by clarea

Your daughter's points will only be what she earned from the cruises she took.

However, if she is under 18, and linked with you, then her C&A level will follow yours. In other words, if you make Diamond, she would also be Diamond, even if she has only 7 points.

Oh ok, got it! Thanks Bob!

What happens when she gets older though? Does she keep the level or does it drop down to what her point level should be?

Edited by TandK0826

... Does she get our points too even if we don't take her on one of the cruises with us? Our first cruise she did not go but she went on the second. They were both 7 nights. Does she now have 14 or just 7? I thought I read somewhere that she gets the points we get. Thanks

You only get points for cruises you actually sail. Otherwise, you could reach Diamond and she would be Diamond even though she only sailed once. Why would they give anyone points for cruises they did not sail?

By the way, if you go on a cruise without your spouse, only YOU get the points. Same thing.

You only get points for cruises you actually sail. Otherwise, you could reach Diamond and she would be Diamond even though she only sailed once. Why would they give anyone points for cruises they did not sail?

By the way, if you go on a cruise without your spouse, only YOU get the points. Same thing.

Just to add a little more to this - while she only gets the points for the sailing she actually sails - if your C&A #s are linked she'll get the same status as you when she turns 18. She will then have to earn the difference up to that level and then to the next level to advance.

For example we were Emerald when our daughter turned 18, she received Emerald status although she didn't have enough points. But for her to get Diamond she has to earn enough to reach Emerald plus enough to get to Diamond.

Just to add a little more to this - while she only gets the points for the sailing she actually sails - if your C&A #s are linked she'll get the same status as you when she turns 18. She will then have to earn the difference up to that level and then to the next level to advance.

For example we were Emerald when our daughter turned 18, she received Emerald status although she didn't have enough points. But for her to get Diamond she has to earn enough to reach Emerald plus enough to get to Diamond.

I'm not so sure about this. My wife had done 1 more sailing than the rest of us before we were married, so she had 7 more points. I called C&A and they actually added those points to me and the kids immediately. So by what you're saying when the kids turn 18 their points will fall back by 7 OR the threshold to reach the next status is increased? This is something I just did a couple weeks ago...

Edited by sailor05

So, in other words Garavar, if you are just going for the alcohol, not really worth going to...lol

Lol, not neccessarily...I don't drink much on cruises but I still go to CL nightly and I would still go to these Welcome Back Parties.

Its nice to feel "welcomed" and "appreciated" so I would go to party again. Additionally, I liked watching people get crystal awards and receive recongition for being the top cruisers.

I'm not so sure about this. My wife had done 1 more sailing than the rest of us before we were married, so she had 7 more points. I called C&A and they actually added those points to me and the kids immediately. So by what you're saying when the kids turn 18 their points will fall back by 7 OR the threshold to reach the next status is increased? This is something I just did a couple weeks ago...

Slick mouse and Garycarla are correct.

You will all get status based on who has the most points. This comes into play more when reaching next level. DW may have reached next level before you and kids did, but you would still be bumped up to her level without actually accruing the same points. each individual will only have the points individually accrued. It makes the most difference at Pinnacle because I was told Pinnacle had to be earned individually.

I have sailed more than DH, he has same status as me but definately does not have same points.

When kids reach 18 they will have the points they have earned not what DW has earned. Likewise my DD will revert to points she has earned, not what I have accrued. They will keep the status they were at though.

I think you may have misunderstood when set up as you would have been same status opposed to same points. Eg if you marry a Diamond member you automically get given Diamond status but you don't get the actual points. As the highest point holder moves up the others move up as well, even though individually they don't have the points themselves.

Regarding where kids will be, if they have accrued 7 less points then their balance will be 7 less than your DW when they turn 18. It will just take them 7 more points to get to next level.

Edited by Spurschick

I have found that if you ask your server for a "basic" mixed drink, ie rum & coke . whiskey & soda, they will usually get it for you. I have never been refused. :)

I have found that if you ask your server for a "basic" mixed drink, ie rum & coke . whiskey & soda, they will usually get it for you. I have never been refused. :)

We have done this as well, but I agree with the above posters who said don't get too excited. It is nice that they do this "party", but on most cruises at the very least half of the passengers are past cruisers so not exactly an intimate affair!!!:D

Edited by Rala
typo

The C&A party on the Allure was in the morning at the Aqua Theater. They served Bloody Marys and Mimosas. I think my DH had about 12 Bloody Marys before 11...and discovered it is his new favorite drink. Nap time came early for him that day.

It was also a presentation - where the captain and cruise director spoke. We hadn't been to them before either before then - but now we go to every one. Some are better than others

Edited by slickmouse

We just did the C&A Cocktail Reception on the Brilliance in March, it was the first time we had ever done it after dinner, and it was just great. They had tables of desserts - I wish I had not had dessert at dinner!

The drinks were nice, there was a rum punch, wine, champagne. I did not find the rum punch weak at all.

All in all, a very nice time, the band was great!

Wife and I and three adult sons. The sons are in a seprate room, but part of my reservation. Who is "invited"?

Normally the names are on the envelope with the invite.

If your sons are adults and have sailed before, they will get their own invite based on their level.

We have been to many, many "Welcome Back" parties and continue to go. You never know what announcements may be made there. When you walk thru the officers' greeting line, you will have a chance to ask a quick question. The Captain may tell a funny story or two. Others may speak, including the RCCL Loyalty Ambassador, talking about new itin's etc. And it is nice to sea C&A members receive recognition. And for 'other drinks', what was said above is true. Ask for some basic drink and tip the server for it.

Rick and Deirdra