Thank You Miami-Getaway Embarkation Staff!

racerxspeedy

I spent a good portion of my day talking to my brother regarding his travel disaster today (re: 4-11 Getaway sailing). His group of 4 had their flight cancelled. They ended up flying out of their way to New York and then on to Miami. Only some of their luggage made it to MIA, they gave up looking at 3:15 pm. The ship was scheduled to leave at 4PM!! I figured this trip was over before it had started

Boarding should of been closed at 3:15 - they arrived at 3:40, but the crew stayed open late and let them board! Thanks so much for the extra effort and not ruining the vacation of 4 Norwegian newbies. You may have just converted this family of Royal loyalists!

That's one of the main reasons most people will fly to their destination port at least one day early to avoid any problems. Glad to hear your brother and family made it on the ship. Hope their cruise will be everything they dreamed of.

I would seriously have been a nervous wreck, I'd have been in tears. I always fly the day before because my poor nerves couldn't handle it otherwise! I'm always terrified of lost luggage too, at least this time I have a direct flight so they have no excuse :)

I would seriously have been a nervous wreck, I'd have been in tears. I always fly the day before because my poor nerves couldn't handle it otherwise! I'm always terrified of lost luggage too, at least this time I have a direct flight so they have no excuse :)

They ALWAYS have an excuse!:D Last trip non stop from FLL to Las Vegas my luggage ended up in Islip, NY. And I checked in 3 hours pre flight. Just another reason for coming in a day early.

That is so great to hear. I hope they have a wonderful cruise to make up all the stress of getting there. Do you know whether they booked their air through NCL or booked it on their own?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app